vonage & asterisk

Old August 15th 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Corbett

Default vonage & asterisk

If I had vonage & an asterisk server could I setup a call manager system
with DDI numbers (e.g. from vonage) ?

Old August 16th 05, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Mr Corbett wrote:
If I had vonage & an asterisk server could I setup a call manager system
with DDI numbers (e.g. from vonage) ?

Yes, I don't know if Vonage will sell you a DDI range, Gradwell will.
Old August 16th 05, 07:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Corbett

No, I mean I will setup multiple accounts with areas codes I require.

Old August 16th 05, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:18:55 GMT, "Mr Corbett"
wrote:

If I had vonage & an asterisk server

problem 1 - will Vonage release you the necessary information to set
up a Vonage account on an Asterisk server or indeed any piece of
hardware not supplied by them.

I fear the answer is "no way".

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 16th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

wrote:

If I had vonage & an asterisk server

problem 1 - will Vonage release you the necessary information to set
up a Vonage account on an Asterisk server or indeed any piece of
hardware not supplied by them.

I fear the answer is "no way".

Phil

From their TOS:
" c. Unauthorized Usage

Customer may not program the Number into any equipment or
infrastructure in or on which the number is intended or used as the
origination or destination of a communication other than the Device
that was provided by Vonage."

If you're looking for a paid unlimited calls service:

http://www.justdialvoip.com/pages/jdvoiplite.asp

Have such a service which will work with asterisk (I've not tried them
so can't comment on quality), but you'd need to get your phone number
range from someone else. (sipgate?).
Old August 16th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Corbett

Thanks for your reply, I will look into
http://www.justdialvoip.com/pages/jdvoiplite.asp

ta !

Craig.

wrote:

If I had vonage & an asterisk server

problem 1 - will Vonage release you the necessary information to set
up a Vonage account on an Asterisk server or indeed any piece of
hardware not supplied by them.

I fear the answer is "no way".

Phil

From their TOS: