VoIP questions

Old August 17th 05, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joanna Thompson

Default VoIP questions

I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to try out Sipgate
(the price was right!). Thanks to reading some of the helpful advice (and
some of the unhelpful, time-wasting trolling) I managed to get everything
working well.

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be kind enough to
answer:

I have a VoIP router with 2 lines and I want to add a couple of more. Would
I need to do something special like forward ports or would the VoIP router
know they are calls and route them properly?

I am interested in technology, but want to learn more of the human side of
things (like interesting things people can do with VoIP). Can someone point
out a site I can read a less technical analysis and more human interest?

Thank you in advance!

Joanna

Old August 17th 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
:-\)

"Joanna Thompson" wrote in message
[...]

wait till you have problems with sipgate doll, as ever if its free people
will sign up to it but what you will fnd is **** poor service and **** poor
customer ,even non existent customer service.

vonage are the best

Old August 17th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nira Portman

":-)" wrote in message

[...]

I've always had excellent service with Sipgate. Four support mails all
answered quickly and professionally, so I don't know why you think there is
**** poor service. You are right about **** poor customers though, but I
think all of the **** poor ones moved to Vonage. Don't pay any attention to
this troll Joanna, he sounds about as dumb as a box of rocks!

Nira Portman

Old August 17th 05, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Nira Portman" wrote in message

":-)" wrote in message

[...]

if you say so nira lovey ps nice name

Old August 17th 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nira Portman" wrote in message

[snip]

I've always had excellent service with Sipgate. Four
support mails all answered quickly and professionally, so
I don't know why you think there is **** poor service.
You are right about **** poor customers though, but I
think all of the **** poor ones moved to Vonage. Don't
pay any attention to this troll Joanna, he sounds about
as dumb as a box of rocks!

Nira Portman

Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have shares
in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.

Ivor

Old August 17th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Ivor Jones wrote:

Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have shares
in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.

Ivor

AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated, It's the only us long
distance carrier I can find that doesn't have an NYSE or Nasdaq listing.
(this market sector has more-or less collapsed over the last 5 years).
Old August 17th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

:-) wrote:
[...]

You have said in the past that you have shares in Vonage. Whats the
symbol? I wanted to take a look and I can't find them listed in London,
New York or NASDAQ. I also can't find any information that they have
actually gone public. As far as I can see they are still privately owned
and funded by venture capital.
Old August 17th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

Thomas Rankin wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have
shares in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.

Ivor

AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

Thats what I thought.
Old August 17th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Mike" wrote in message
Thomas Rankin wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He claims to have
shares in Vonage, hence his plugging of them at every opportunity.

Ivor

AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

Thats what I thought.

who said anything about buying my shares through a public offering, it
always pays to know certain people :-)

Old August 17th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Thomas Rankin wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Stefan is the group troll, pay him no attention. He
claims to have shares in Vonage, hence his plugging
of them at every opportunity. Ivor

AFAICT Vonage Holdings Corp haven't been floated,

Thats what I thought.

who said anything about buying my shares through a public
offering, it always pays to know certain people :-)

Yeah, right. I think I just saw a flying pig.

Ivor