Free Landline numbers for VOIP?

Old August 17th 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Jason

Default Free Landline numbers for VOIP?

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:48:47 +0100, "Gareth Evans"
wrote:

I would like a landline number which points to my IP address for VOIP. I'm
sure I read somewhere that a company can allocate you a landline number,
maybe for free or a small monthly charge? Can anyone recommend a company,
preferably one thats's cheap.

Firstly, I'd ask this question in uk.telecom.voip

Secondly -

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
Offer free UK numbers.

http://www.ipkall.com/
Free Washington state phone number to your Internet phone.

http://www.stanaphone.com/
Do (used to?) free New York numbers.

--

Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Old August 17th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth Evans

wrote:

I would like a landline number which points to my IP address for VOIP. I'm
sure I read somewhere that a company can allocate you a landline number,
maybe for free or a small monthly charge? Can anyone recommend a company,
preferably one thats's cheap.

Firstly, I'd ask this question in uk.telecom.voip

Secondly -

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
Offer free UK numbers.

http://www.ipkall.com/
Free Washington state phone number to your Internet phone.

http://www.stanaphone.com/
Do (used to?) free New York numbers.

--

Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!

Gareth

Old August 17th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

wrote:

I would like a landline number which points to my IP address for VOIP. I'm
sure I read somewhere that a company can allocate you a landline number,
maybe for free or a small monthly charge? Can anyone recommend a company,
preferably one thats's cheap.

Firstly, I'd ask this question in uk.telecom.voip

Secondly -

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/
Offer free UK numbers.

http://www.ipkall.com/
Free Washington state phone number to your Internet phone.

http://www.stanaphone.com/
Do (used to?) free New York numbers.

--

Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!

Gareth

Does anyone know a company that sells/gives phone numbers in russia?
Old August 17th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Gareth Evans" wrote in message

[snip]

Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!

Gareth

Cue Dex and Stefan...

Ivor

Old August 17th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Ivor Jones writes

"Gareth Evans" wrote in message

[snip]

Thanks for the information. Sipgate looks good!

Gareth

Cue Dex and Stefan...

Ivor

You're asking for trouble. For God's sake don't encourage them, they
talk enough rubbish as it is.

DF
Old August 17th 05, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message

In message of Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Ivor Jones writes

[snip]

Cue Dex and Stefan...

Ivor

You're asking for trouble. For God's sake don't encourage
them, they talk enough rubbish as it is.

Sorry..! Don't think they need much encouragement..! (Just getting my own
back, let me off just this once..!)

Ivor

Old August 17th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Does anyone know a company that sells/gives phone numbers in russia?

www.telphin.com