Bickering

Old August 17th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

Default Bickering

This petty bickering is pathetic.

I have subscribed to this newsgroup to learn and contribute about VOIP
- not to have to read all this petty bickering between certain people.

Me
Old August 17th 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Me" wrote in message

This petty bickering is pathetic.

I have subscribed to this newsgroup to learn and
contribute about VOIP - not to have to read all this
petty bickering between certain people.

Me

I agree entirely. But it's not always possible to ignore personal insults.

Please feel free to ask if there is any way I can assist.

Ivor

Old August 17th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:36:14 +0100, Me wrote:

This petty bickering is pathetic.

I have subscribed to this newsgroup to learn and contribute about VOIP
- not to have to read all this petty bickering between certain people.

Me

Yeah, too right!

When I first joined the group it was an informative and valuable
resource. Now I find that virtually every genuine thread is hijacked by
these offensive persons. It's got to the point where I don't even open 90
per cent or more of the postings, because I know what they will contain!

So come on guys, show some maturity; have respect for others; have the
decency to stop this abuse; apologise to the group; and let us benefit
from your knowledge and experience in a positive way - in the true ethos
of the newsgroup community.

If the slanging matches don't disappear pretty soon, I will. I will not
suffer fools gladly!

Respectfully and sincerely,

Alan.

Old August 17th 05, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Alan Foster" wrote in message
news[email protected]
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:36:14 +0100, Me wrote:

This petty bickering is pathetic.

I have subscribed to this newsgroup to learn and
contribute about VOIP - not to have to read all this
petty bickering between certain people. Me

Yeah, too right!

When I first joined the group it was an informative and
valuable resource. Now I find that virtually every
genuine thread is hijacked by these offensive persons. It's got to the
point where I don't even open 90 per cent
or more of the postings, because I know what they will
contain!

I agree entirely. However, when one is personally attacked I hope you will
agree it is not always possible to remain silent. Personally, I have been
far more reserved than I would like to be, for the reasons you specify.

So come on guys, show some maturity; have respect for
others; have the decency to stop this abuse; apologise to
the group; and let us benefit from your knowledge and
experience in a positive way - in the true ethos of the
newsgroup community.

Again, agreed. I hope that I have, apart from a few lapses as mentioned
above, done so.

If the slanging matches don't disappear pretty soon, I
will. I will not suffer fools gladly!

That would be a pity.

Respectfully and sincerely,

Alan.

Regards

Ivor

Old August 17th 05, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Blessing

"Me" wrote in message
This petty bickering is pathetic.

No it isn't g

You're right of course. For some reason various parties have entrenched
themselves in the Sipgate/Vonage camp and believe no-one else has a valid
opinion.

Still, the schools go back soon, maybe it will quiet down when they have
double-maths the next day.

--
John Blessing

Old August 17th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"John Blessing" wrote
in message
"Me" wrote in message
This petty bickering is pathetic.

No it isn't g

You're right of course. For some reason various parties
have entrenched themselves in the Sipgate/Vonage camp and
believe no-one else has a valid opinion.

Oh I believe they have a valid opinion, but said validity diminishes every
time some of them open their mouths (or touch their keyboards..!)

As I personally have been brought into this by the opinions of certain
parties, I feel I should comment. Yes I am happy with Sipgate, but despite
what some say I do not promote them to the exclusion of all else. I have
accounts with other providers also but rarely use them as I find Sipgate
suits my needs.

I have been accused of excessively promoting Sipgate due to having
interests in them outside that of being a satisfied customer. Whilst this
is partly true, they are not financial and do not render me privy to
sensitive information that should not be known other than by employees (of
which I am *not* one). Therefore I do not consider it anyone else's
business and I will *not* comment on it further.

Still, the schools go back soon, maybe it will quiet down
when they have double-maths the next day.

We can but hope..!

This is my last word on the subject, as this thread has said, can we leave
it now and get on with the business for which I originally proposed the
creation of this group..?

Regards to all,

Ivor

Old August 17th 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
\&\

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"John Blessing" wrote
in message
"Me" wrote in message
[...]

there you go again ivor ME,ME,ME,ME MY GROUP, I CREATED IT , ME,ME,ME and
you are still ramming it down our throats that you DONThave any connection
with sipgate hmmmmmmmmmmmm the truth will out,in fact i am very close to
finding out your association

Old August 17th 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
\&\

wrote in message

This is my last word on the subject, as this thread has said, can we leave
it now and get on with the business for which I originally proposed the
creation of this group..?

And that was promoting Sipgate because you have interests in the
company ! .

my sentiments excatly

Old August 18th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Me" wrote in message
This petty bickering is pathetic.

I have subscribed to this newsgroup to learn and contribute about VOIP
- not to have to read all this petty bickering between certain people.

Me

I heartly agree.
But we have a Troll and a Troll feeder here.
Between the two of them they hijack most posts,
Even posts that they have no knowledge of the issue or solution.
personally Trolls and their feeders are as bad as each other.

Old August 18th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Me" wrote in message
This petty bickering is pathetic.

I have subscribed to this newsgroup to learn and contribute about VOIP
- not to have to read all this petty bickering between certain people.

Kill files are your friend. It works for me.