Where's Vonage's Servers For UK Customers

Old August 17th 05, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default Where's Vonage's Servers For UK Customers

Where are Vonage's servers for UK customers? If I make a call to a UK number
is my call being routed via USA servers or do Vonage have some UK servers?

Old August 17th 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
\&\

wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:33:10 +0100, "Phil"
wrote:

Where are Vonage's servers for UK customers? If I make a call to a UK
number
is my call being routed via USA servers or do Vonage have some UK servers?

Guessing I would say the USA because tonight there seems to be a small
distinct pause between the spoken word and it being received by the
other party I have just been speaking to a friend for the last 50
minutes and the " pause" was very noticeable so noticeable that for a
few seconds I was back talking on a Sipgate line .

PMSL

Old August 18th 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Poloni

Nothing clever about it. Standard ip routing. They're probably hosting in
the usa to save costs.

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

wrote:
|| the " pause" was very noticeable so noticeable
|| that for a few seconds I was back talking on a Sipgate line .

That's very clever of them. Is that some kind of call diversion

technology?