VoIPtalk's Summer Special - What's the catch?

Old August 18th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Poloni

Default VoIPtalk's Summer Special - What's the catch?

If you look on voiptalk's web site they have something called a speedtouch
1-port voip adaptor for around £15. The only catch I see is that you have to
buy £10 of call credit as well. Even if i didn't use their service then the
voip adaptor would still be cheap at £25.

I had a quick scour round the newsgroups and forums and have only found good
stuff about the voiptalk service. Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there a
catch? As far as i can see the item isn't locked down either.

?

Old August 18th 05, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

adamc wrote:

I'm a newbie when it comes to VOIP and have used Skype a fair bit.
However, I'm looking to use Voip in the future and am interested in an
ATA. Does this thing work with most Modem/Routers? I already have a
router and am interested in adding a phone to a voip provider, but want
to be assured that this thing is pretty standard.

TIA
Adam

It looks rather cheap and nasty to me..... But i don't wish to get into
any arguments.

I like the linksys PAP2 myself
Old August 19th 05, 01:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

adamc wrote:

I like the linksys PAP2 myself

Does this particular speedtouch work independently of any PC, and
connect independently, as long as a modem/router are on?

TIA
Adam

If you are talking to me, the linksys is nothing to do with speedtouch
Old August 19th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bence_fab

Does this particular speedtouch work independently of any PC, and
connect independently, as long as a modem/router are on?

I think most VoIP adaptors work like that, you connect them to the
router and only use the PC to configure them.