Outlook contacts - dialer - use with VOIP / sipgate

Old August 18th 05, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
woody

Default Outlook contacts - dialer - use with VOIP / sipgate

Does anyone know if there is a patch for outlook that will alow it to
dial voip calls.

I am using Grandstream phone plugged into router, and sipgate as
service provider, but woulld have like to be able to click on contact
in outlook to dial number

Old August 18th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Angus Comber

Outlook uses an interface called TAPI so I think you would need a SIP TAPI
driver.

Do a search on Google for this. The only product I am aware of is from
Germany I think.

Angus

oups.com...

Old August 28th 05, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pzboyz

Angus Comber wrote:
Outlook uses an interface called TAPI so I think you would need a SIP TAPI
driver.

Do a search on Google for this. The only product I am aware of is from
Germany I think.

Angus

"woody" wrote in message
oups.com...

Does anyone know if there is a patch for outlook that will alow it to
dial voip calls.

I am using Grandstream phone plugged into router, and sipgate as
service provider, but woulld have like to be able to click on contact
in outlook to dial number

I found this one, not tested though http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=479

pzboyz
Old August 28th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

I found this one, not tested though http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=479

pzboyz

just tried it out and it works brilliantly, without the need for the
outbound proxy to be filled in or any port mapping.

nice

Mark

Old August 28th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

"Mark Adamson" wrote in message

I found this one, not tested though
http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=479

pzboyz

just tried it out and it works brilliantly, without the need for the
outbound proxy to be filled in or any port mapping.

nice

Actually, one slightly annoying thing about it, which is probably inherent
in the tapi referring protocol is that it can only cause my sipura to dial
out via its registered gateway, rather than obeying the dial plan.

Still, it is very neat!