Just Dial VoIP Codecs

Old August 19th 05, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Just Dial VoIP Codecs

I'm having issues with the codecs on JD VoIP.

It keeps using G723 for calls, but i don't want it too!

If i disable G723 and set to use only G711a for calls, its fine for
outgoing calls, but incoming ones dont work.

Anyone help?
Old August 19th 05, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

Mark wrote:

Whatever I tried I couldn't fix it, so I have taken my custom
elsewhere. I do wonder if it is simply JDV being mean with their
bandwidth to save money.

I cancelled my account due to the poor call quality too - not much point
having free calls if you can't hear anyone properly...

Old August 19th 05, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Sean writes
I'm having issues with the codecs on JD VoIP.

It keeps using G723 for calls, but i don't want it too!

If i disable G723 and set to use only G711a for calls, its fine for
outgoing calls, but incoming ones dont work.

In a Sipura ATA set the following:

Preferred Codec: G711u
Use Pref Codec Only: No
G729a Enable: No
G723 Enable: Yes
G726-16 Enable: No
G726-32 Enable: No
G726-40 Enable: No

Works fine.

David
Old August 19th 05, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Dave Gill writes
Mark wrote:

Whatever I tried I couldn't fix it, so I have taken my custom
elsewhere. I do wonder if it is simply JDV being mean with their
bandwidth to save money.

I cancelled my account due to the poor call quality too - not much point
having free calls if you can't hear anyone properly...

Nothing to do with JDVoIP. It's your set up. Get that right and the
quality is fine.

David
Old August 19th 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

David Floyd wrote:
In message of Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Sean writes

I'm having issues with the codecs on JD VoIP.

It keeps using G723 for calls, but i don't want it too!

If i disable G723 and set to use only G711a for calls, its fine for
outgoing calls, but incoming ones dont work.

In a Sipura ATA set the following:

Preferred Codec: G711u
Use Pref Codec Only: No
G729a Enable: No
G723 Enable: Yes
G726-16 Enable: No
G726-32 Enable: No
G726-40 Enable: No

Works fine.

David

You mean for JD VoIP?
Old August 19th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Mark writes

Mark wrote:

Whatever I tried I couldn't fix it, so I have taken my custom
elsewhere. I do wonder if it is simply JDV being mean with their
bandwidth to save money.

I cancelled my account due to the poor call quality too - not much point
having free calls if you can't hear anyone properly...

Nothing to do with JDVoIP. It's your set up. Get that right and the
quality is fine.

I disagree. Having changed provider and nothing else, calls from my
office now connect using G.711 and sound fine.

Then you had the settings for JDVoIP set wrongly. If set according to
their instructions, all works fine.

David
Old August 19th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

David Floyd wrote:

In message of Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Sean writes

I'm having issues with the codecs on JD VoIP.

It keeps using G723 for calls, but i don't want it too!

If i disable G723 and set to use only G711a for calls, its fine for
outgoing calls, but incoming ones dont work.

In a Sipura ATA set the following:
Preferred Codec: G711u
Use Pref Codec Only: No
G729a Enable: No
G723 Enable: Yes
G726-16 Enable: No
G726-32 Enable: No
G726-40 Enable: No
Works fine.
David

You mean for JD VoIP?

I understand that is what we're talking about, yes!

David

Well i have just set my PAP2 like that, and it uses G723 when calling
out, which is rubbish
Old August 19th 05, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

David Floyd wrote:

In message of Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Sean writes

I'm having issues with the codecs on JD VoIP.

It keeps using G723 for calls, but i don't want it too!

If i disable G723 and set to use only G711a for calls, its fine
for outgoing calls, but incoming ones dont work.

In a Sipura ATA set the following:
Preferred Codec: G711u
Use Pref Codec Only: No
G729a Enable: No
G723 Enable: Yes
G726-16 Enable: No
G726-32 Enable: No
G726-40 Enable: No
Works fine.
David

You mean for JD VoIP?

I understand that is what we're talking about, yes!
David

Well i have just set my PAP2 like that, and it uses G723 when calling
out, which is rubbish

Have you also got:
SIP Proxy-Requi com.nortelnetworks.firewall
set?

David

Old August 19th 05, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

David Floyd wrote:

Have you also got:
SIP Proxy-Requi com.nortelnetworks.firewall
set?
David

Yep

Sorry I can't help further; I'm no expert in these matters, but is does
work well with a Sipura3000

David