VoIPCheap Bandwidth Usage

Old August 19th 05, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
brush-head©

Default VoIPCheap Bandwidth Usage

Hi there

I saw an earlier posting saying that 80-90K was about normal for both
directions of a VoIP client.
I'm just trying out VoIPCheap and intend using it to get my business
going and contact clients (I'm a tight wad and have to be careful with
cash).

Questions: does the 80-90K above refer to Kilobits or Kilobytes does
anyone know?

How sensitive are VoIPCheap to people making lots of calls (100 per day)
over the service at the moment or aren't they bothered?

Many thanks for any advice/input.
--
Brush-Head

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights"
John Paul Getty 1892 - 1976

Old August 19th 05, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:07:49 +0100, brush-head©
wrote:

Questions: does the 80-90K above refer to Kilobits or Kilobytes does
anyone know?

kbits/s ie about 40% of an ADSL upload rate is used by a single VoIP
call.

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 20th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
brush-head©

Thanks Phil
Brush-Head

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights"
John Paul Getty 1892 - 1976
Akuity-Focus On Solutions
http://www.akuity.co.uk