Problems with 1866 and X-Lite

Old August 20th 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Problems with 1866 and X-Lite

Thus spaketh adamc:
On 2005-08-19, adamc wrote:
I am starting out with Voip and am having problems with X-Lite and
the 1866 iax service. I've configured it according to [1] but for
some reason, I fail to hear the person I am calling. They can hear
me fine. I know that this service is working, as I have it working
with Firefly, but I want to set this up on my linux box, hence the
need to configure X-Lite.

Any pointers as to what might be going wrong? Is this a codec thing?

TIA

Adam

[1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/

For 1866, I mean 1899.

Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward some
ports.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old August 20th 05, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh adamc:
On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Thus spaketh adamc:
On 2005-08-19, adamc wrote:
I am starting out with Voip and am having problems with X-Lite and
the 1866 iax service. I've configured it according to [1] but for
some reason, I fail to hear the person I am calling. They can hear
me fine. I know that this service is working, as I have it working
with Firefly, but I want to set this up on my linux box, hence the
need to configure X-Lite.

Any pointers as to what might be going wrong? Is this a codec
thing?

TIA

Adam

[1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/

For 1866, I mean 1899.

Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward
some ports.

If it was just a port, what does Firefly do to get round that port
that XLite cannot?

Adam

Are you using Firefly with the iax setting and X-Lite with the sip setting?

Old August 20th 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"adamc" wrote in message

[snip]

I've not changed any setting on X-Lite - my guess is that
Firefly automatically detects iax, whereas X-Lite doesn't.

How do I config X-Lite to see an account as IAX instead
of SIP?

Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
wrong.

Ivor

Old August 21st 05, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh adamc:

On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Thus spaketh adamc:
On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
wrote:
Thus spaketh adamc:
On 2005-08-19, adamc wrote:
[...]

In the proxy settings enter iax.1899.com in place of where you have sip.......

Old August 21st 05, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
"adamc" wrote in message

[snip]

I've not changed any setting on X-Lite - my guess is that
Firefly automatically detects iax, whereas X-Lite doesn't.

How do I config X-Lite to see an account as IAX instead
of SIP?

Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
wrong.

Ivor

Yes, x-lite handles iax.

Old August 21st 05, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roly

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
wrong.

Ivor

Yes, x-lite handles iax.

No it doesn't - not according to the authors of the program anyway. The only
protocol it supports is SIP.

Roly.

Old August 21st 05, 07:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:39:28 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

In the proxy settings enter iax.1899.com in place of where you have sip.......

same protocol, different URL for same server.

X-lite isn't an IAX client.

Phil
--

Usenet spam eaten by a Hamster
No more 81.110.218.193 :-))
Old August 22nd 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Roly:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message ...
Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could
be wrong.

Ivor

Yes, x-lite handles iax.

No it doesn't - not according to the authors of the program anyway.
The only protocol it supports is SIP.

Roly.

Strange then, I have been using it all this time and still am with a few iax
entries!!!

Old August 22nd 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Phil Thompson:
wrote:

In the proxy settings enter iax.1899.com in place of where you have
sip.......

same protocol, different URL for same server.

X-lite isn't an IAX client.

Phil

So does x-lite / 1899 just ignore the fact I have entered iax.1899.com and
switch to sip.1899.com ?

Old August 22nd 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 22.08.2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

So does x-lite / 1899 just ignore the fact I have entered iax.1899.com and
switch to sip.1899.com ?

Yes. I imagine the 1899.com software can determine which protocol your
device wants to use and opens the appropriate channel.

Brian.