Asterisk - registration forbidden

Old August 21st 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk - registration forbidden

Hi,

I have a sipura2100 which works quite happily when connected directly
into the switch on my local network.

If I take it to the remote end of a wifi link to the same lan, it fails
to register.

I get the same problem with any softphone I try to run over the link.

I'm running asterisk at home, if that helps

The log file is..

17:29:55 DEBUG
2005-08-21 16:29:55.282 UDP 192.168.0.202:5060-LOCAL
SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.0.155;branch=z9hG4bKc0a8009b000000104308ac 0300001c2700000181
From: ;tag=1096184231505
To: ;tag=as6febc793
Call-ID:
CSeq: 52 REGISTER

17:29:55 INFO Unregistered.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks

Matthew

From: ;tag=1096184231505
To: ;tag=as6febc793
Call-ID:
CSeq: 52 REGISTER

17:29:55 INFO Unregistered.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

When you say a wifi link, I assume this is a bridged section as the IP
addresses are on the same lan. Is the link "fully" transparant ? it looks
like sme ports are blocked.

If the ATA works on one side but not the other then you need to find out
what on the link is blocking the ports.

Ian

Old August 21st 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Matt wrote:
Hi,

I have a sipura2100 which works quite happily when connected directly
into the switch on my local network.

If I take it to the remote end of a wifi link to the same lan, it fails
to register.

I get the same problem with any softphone I try to run over the link.

I'm running asterisk at home, if that helps

The log file is..

Sounds like a silly guess, but on the SIP account you are logging into,
is the qualify number too small (in sip.conf).

There is generally initially more latency when opening a socket over a
wireless link and the default (200 ms iirc) is probably too small.