IP to IP call.

Old October 3rd 05, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default IP to IP call.

hi,

I have an IP phone in my house. (A Grandstream BT102). It is plugged into
my router and it's internal IP is set as the DMZ

I have the same setup in my office.

Question. Can I phone from one phone to the other? (Without using a
provider).

How? do I dial the IP or something? Or can it not be done?

Thanks

Old October 3rd 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-10-03, wrote:
hi,

I have an IP phone in my house. (A Grandstream BT102). It is plugged into
my router and it's internal IP is set as the DMZ

I have the same setup in my office.

Question. Can I phone from one phone to the other? (Without using a
provider).

How? do I dial the IP or something? Or can it not be done?

Get the IP number of both routers and the usernames on the phones. Then

[email protected] number

should be successful.

I don't know exactly how you dial this from a Grandstream BT102 but it
would be more convenient if there was a speed dial facility.

Brian.
Old October 4th 05, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

I read somewhere that you just dial the IP number using '*' instead of '.' ,
haven't tried it myself though.
Regards,
Martin