Grandstream GXP-2000 & VOIPFONE

Old October 4th 05, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

Default Grandstream GXP-2000 & VOIPFONE

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a Grandstream GXP-2000 to use with
VOIPFONE.co.uk

Looks a nice phone. I have a budget of under 100.

1. Easily configured to use with VOIPFONE.co.uk
2. How is the phone? ;-)

Thank you...
Old October 4th 05, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
keymaster

"GlenC" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a Grandstream GXP-2000 to use with
VOIPFONE.co.uk

Looks a nice phone. I have a budget of under 100.

1. Easily configured to use with VOIPFONE.co.uk
2. How is the phone? ;-)

Thank you...

1. yes - if u get stuck email me and I will send settings
2 great features and everythings there - performs well - I just think they
look and feel cheap and tacky - like a toy phone.

a second hand Snom 190 for 50 -100 would be what I would hunt down
(perhaps on ebay) but I not selling mine LOLOL
good luck and great choice of providers (although I still use voipbuster
for some outgoing calls ;-) )
thanks
Roy

Old October 4th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

Hi there matey,

Thanks for your reply.

I am definately thinking about getting a GXP-2000, could you mail me
the details.

Don't suppose you've got any pictures of the phone have you..

Also what's so special about the SNOM 190 - Lot's of people seem to
love it. But it's seems too big (just a home user)

Thanks.....

Old October 4th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
keymaster

Hi
Here you go m8, setting almost identicle to this
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Grandstream_Budgtone_101.php
details on phone here=
http://www.sipphonecenter.co.uk/data...ser-Manual.pdf

hope thant helps
Roy

Old October 4th 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

Many thanks!

Old October 5th 05, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Anderton

In message , GlenC
writes
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a Grandstream GXP-2000 to use with
VOIPFONE.co.uk

Looks a nice phone. I have a budget of under 100.

1. Easily configured to use with VOIPFONE.co.uk
2. How is the phone? ;-)

Thank you...

Use it all the time. No problems once set up. Use the same settings as
the cheaper Grandstream model. You can find these in the support section
at VOIPFONE. Their support team are very helpful.
--
Richard Anderton
Old October 5th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

Hi there Roy,

Well got me phone - Entered all the details as per website. Can't seem
to get it to 'login' to VOIPFONE...

Tried calling the phone - All incoming numbers go straight to VM and
can't make outgoing calls....

Running behind a router... any ports etc. that need opening or
forwarding?

Old October 6th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
keymaster

Hi
email me and I we will try and sort u out...once its working u can call me
for free LOLOL
Roy

Old October 7th 05, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

All sorted now.

A router issue ;-)

On the phone last night to VOIPfone support - So helpful!! .. and
friendly too! He even called me back on my mobile.... WOW, that's what
you call great support.

I love the phone... but

1. Doesn't have an address book internally (they say it will one day
with new firmware)

2. I'd like to customize ringtones... but the APP that's on the
website is only for LINUX.. that's no good for a windows PC! ;-)

Still it's working and I'm please......! :0

Now, remind me on what providor I can use to get those free calls? g
Please...

Thanks......

Old October 7th 05, 12:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

All sorted now I'm please to say... great phone. Just a bit err,
'plasticy'