Vonage

Old October 4th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SidKnee

Default Vonage

I am cancelling my NTL Line for which I pay 14.50 for all inclusive calls.

And am considering Vonage. Which I believe only costs 9.99/month with free
equipment. can anyone tell me if vonage will allow me to choose my own
number from a small range. I would like a good number that is identical to
my home number or with good digits.

Sidkney

Old October 4th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Blessing

"SidKnee" wrote in message
news
I am cancelling my NTL Line for which I pay 14.50 for all inclusive calls.

And am considering Vonage. Which I believe only costs 9.99/month with
free
equipment. can anyone tell me if vonage will allow me to choose my own
number from a small range. I would like a good number that is identical
my home number or with good digits.

Sidkney

You can choose an area code but not the actual number (IIRC). Bear in mind
you will need a phone (can be a mobile) to divert calls to if your network
is down.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.outlook-find-replace.com - Find & Replace in Emails, Contacts,
Appointments, Tasks and Notes

Old October 4th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Crane

"SidKnee" wrote in message
news
I am cancelling my NTL Line for which I pay 14.50 for all inclusive calls.

And am considering Vonage. Which I believe only costs 9.99/month with

free
equipment. can anyone tell me if vonage will allow me to choose my own
number from a small range. I would like a good number that is identical

my home number or with good digits.

Bear in mind if they did offer this, all the 'good' numbers will have gone.
The fact is _everyone_ wants a good number and there aren't that many to go
around.

Regards
Andrew

--
Inweb Networks 01784494400 www.inweb.co.uk
www.rectel.co.uk -- record your phone calls and retrieve them online without

Old October 4th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SidKnee

"John Blessing" wrote ). Bear in mind
you will need a phone (can be a mobile) to divert calls to if your network
is down.

Has anyone been successful in choosing their own number rather than only th
area code?

Can you divert your calls to a mobile? Is there a charge for this?

Sidknee

Old October 4th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter

SidKnee wrote:
[...]
Has anyone been successful in choosing their own number rather than
only th area code?

Not quite, but I did manage to score x0y0x0 for free from Sipgate.

--
Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.
- Mae West
Old October 4th 05, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SidKnee

"Peter" wrote
did manage to score x0y0x0 for free from Sipgate.

would sipgate work with vonage or can you tune vonage to simutaneously work
with sipgate?

Sidknee

Old October 4th 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

SidKnee wrote:
"John Blessing" wrote ). Bear in mind

you will need a phone (can be a mobile) to divert calls to if your network
is down.

Has anyone been successful in choosing their own number rather than only th
area code?

We allow customers to choose their number.

cheers
peter

Old October 4th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SidKnee

"Peter Gradwell" wrote We allow customers to choose
their number.

cheers
peter

does your net work with vonage simultaneously?

Sidknee

Old October 4th 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anon Y Mous

Peter Gradwell wrote:
-snip-

We allow customers to choose their number.

cheers
peter

For a payment, or have I misunderstood the ordering process?