Vonage - sign up for US service

Old October 5th 05, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
eclipse

Default Vonage - sign up for US service

Has anyone in the EU tried signing up for the US Vonage service?

For the same monthly payout they get 500 minutes of calls in North America
included, isnt it a better deal?

Old October 5th 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Ingle

Has anyone in the EU tried signing up for the US Vonage service?

For the same monthly payout they get 500 minutes of calls in North America
included, isnt it a better deal?

I looked at this since I want a US geographic number; however, they seem
to require that your billing/credit card address is in the US:

* You need a US shipping address (no PO boxes) and a US credit/debit
card

Old October 5th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian Auer-Hudson

Mark Ingle wrote:

" * You need a US shipping address (no PO boxes) and a US credit/debit
card"

The ATA has to be delivered to a US, or Canadian, street address. The
debit, or credit, card must be billed to a US, or Canadian address.
The billing address can be a PO Box.

A.

Old October 8th 05, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Ingle

Lansbury wrote:

Can I suggest Iconnecthere.com. (that is the letter I before connect). I use
them for my US number, they bill my UK credit card and ship the Linksys PAP2
to the UK. Been very pleased with the service(s) they offer.

Thanks for that tip; the open access prices are very good, and
international call rates are cheaper than VOIPfone which I currently
use. Is the call quality reasonable (there appears to be a minimum 1
year contract so I want to make sure before signing up).