VoipFone and HandyTone 486 Problem

Old October 5th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

Default VoipFone and HandyTone 486 Problem

Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
there some secret code I should be dialling?
Old October 5th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Nick wrote:
Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
there some secret code I should be dialling?

why are you dialling 0044 its a uk number just dial as you would from
your land line or mobile

Mat

Old October 5th 05, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On 5 Oct 2005 06:47:25 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
wrote:

Nick wrote:
Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
there some secret code I should be dialling?

why are you dialling 0044 its a uk number just dial as you would from
your land line or mobile

Mat

I get the same result, my credit then Busy Tone if I dial a UK number
as if I was in the UK. Or if I dial 0061etc for an Ozzie number, etc.
*Pull FINGER out for valid email*
Old October 5th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

wrote:

Nick wrote:
Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
there some secret code I should be dialling?

why are you dialling 0044 its a uk number just dial as you would from
your land line or mobile

Mat

I get the same result, my credit then Busy Tone if I dial a UK number
as if I was in the UK. Or if I dial 0061etc for an Ozzie number, etc.
*Pull FINGER out for valid email*

are you sure your handytone is configured correctly it sounds like your
ata is not registered properly and thats why it wont let you make a
call i have been with voipfone a while now and i have never had a
problem.

Mat

Old October 5th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

It a new account? You topped it up?
Old October 5th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:20:55 +0100, Sean
wrote:

It a new account? You topped it up?

Yes! And as I said, it keeps telling me I have a credit.
Nick.
*Pull FINGER out for valid email*
Old October 5th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

wrote:

It a new account? You topped it up?

Yes! And as I said, it keeps telling me I have a credit.
Nick.
*Pull FINGER out for valid email*

i would give support a call their tech people are are very good

Mat

Old October 5th 05, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GlenC

Can you actually phone them? I thought support was only done by
email..

Could you possibly give me their number ;-)

Thanks....

Old October 5th 05, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

wrote:

It a new account? You topped it up?
Yes! And as I said, it keeps telling me I have a credit.
Nick.
*Pull FINGER out for valid email*

i would give support a call their tech people are are very good

Mat

It is on the site although not too easy to see the number is 020
70435555

Mat