Silly question, I know, but is Sipgate down?

Old October 6th 05, 05:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

Default Silly question, I know, but is Sipgate down?

My Sipgate connection has been down for several hours now. The red
light on the Handytone-486 is flashing. I've rebooted both the ATA and
my router, and all my other internet connections work fine.

Can anyone else confirm whether this is a Sipgate problem or do I need
to check my setup here again?

Chris
Old October 6th 05, 05:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

Yes my Asterisk box can't register for hours

Old October 6th 05, 06:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

Nothing on their website regarding issues, I know it is 7.20am in
Germany, I'm guessing nothing has alarmed for them to be even looking
at the issue yet

Old October 6th 05, 07:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On 5 Oct 2005 22:24:13 -0700, "Julius" wrote:

Nothing on their website regarding issues, I know it is 7.20am in
Germany, I'm guessing nothing has alarmed for them to be even looking
at the issue yet

It seems to have come back up in the last few minutes.

Chris
Old October 6th 05, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

Still unable to get registered, I checked Asterisk logs, no
registration at any time since last post (pardon the pun)

Old October 6th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On 6 Oct 2005 09:00:17 -0700, "Julius" wrote:

Still unable to get registered, I checked Asterisk logs, no
registration at any time since last post (pardon the pun)

in the absence of Ivor, "It's all working OK here".

power cut this morning blipped it out for a good while but the blue
light on the PAP2 reappeared and I just rang my landline via sipgate
ok (despite having a full upload running which I forgot about)

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old October 6th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

Seems like it is working again

It would be nice if they posted something on their website, or emailed
customers letting them know what is gogin on and that they're looking
at it

It would save them time and energy plus keep everyone in the loop

Old October 7th 05, 06:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On 6 Oct 2005 09:00:17 -0700, "Julius" wrote:

Still unable to get registered, I checked Asterisk logs, no
registration at any time since last post (pardon the pun)

Although my connection did come back up for a while, it went down
again later and has been down for almost 24 hours now.

The situation is a bit confusing because we had a bad thunderstorm
last night which took my broadband connection out for a while.
Although that link seems to be normal again, my Sipgate connection is
still not working.

Chris
Old October 7th 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Still unable to get registered, I checked Asterisk
logs, no registration at any time since last post
(pardon the pun)

Although my connection did come back up for a while, it
went down again later and has been down for almost 24
hours now.

The situation is a bit confusing because we had a bad
thunderstorm last night which took my broadband
connection out for a while. Although that link seems to
be normal again, my Sipgate connection is still not
working.

Chris

It was off for about 5 hours or so yesterday morning, been ok since.

Ivor