VoIP Software for the blind

Old October 6th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default VoIP Software for the blind

Hi, i answer calls on the FWD welcome line, and have has some blind
callers asking how to make calls and hang up calls using pulver
communicator with only a keyboard. They know you can hang up with esc,
but dont know how to make calls. I have not tried this software myself
yet, but i will try it soon.. Just wondering if anyone knows any
softphone designed with blind people in mind?

Regards, Sean
Old October 7th 05, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

Hi, i answer calls on the FWD welcome line, and have has
some blind callers asking how to make calls and hang up
calls using pulver communicator with only a keyboard.
They know you can hang up with esc, but dont know how to
make calls. I have not tried this software myself yet,
but i will try it soon.. Just wondering if anyone knows
any softphone designed with blind people in mind?
Regards, Sean

I would think an IP phone or a normal telephone with an ATA would be more
suited to the task..? Just pick up the phone as per a standard landline.
No need for any special equipment/software at all.

Ivor

Old October 7th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message

Hi, i answer calls on the FWD welcome line, and have has
some blind callers asking how to make calls and hang up
calls using pulver communicator with only a keyboard.
They know you can hang up with esc, but dont know how to
make calls. I have not tried this software myself yet,
but i will try it soon.. Just wondering if anyone knows
any softphone designed with blind people in mind?
Regards, Sean

I would think an IP phone or a normal telephone with an ATA would be more
suited to the task..? Just pick up the phone as per a standard landline.
No need for any special equipment/software at all.

Ivor

This is what i advised the people....... But they still would like to
not have to pay for hardware just like everyone else who can see the
software
Old October 7th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

I would think an IP phone or a normal telephone with an
ATA would be more suited to the task..? Just pick up
the phone as per a standard landline. No need for any
special equipment/software at all. Ivor

This is what i advised the people....... But they still
would like to not have to pay for hardware just like
everyone else who can see the software

I know there is text to speech software, I have seen it in use, but I
don't know about anything which would work specifically with a softphone.
Anyway, hardware is coming down in price and even the cheapest is more
reliable than software.

Ivor

Old October 7th 05, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark Adamson

You can certainly make and break calls using the keyboard with Xlite. Just
type in the number and press enter. Hangup is probably escape too. I don't
know if that works with pulver. It certianly should