voipcheap / 1899 on linux

Old October 7th 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Default voipcheap / 1899 on linux

1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
settings in another client?

Old October 8th 05, 05:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

J Smith wrote:

1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
settings in another client?

I believe many commercial softphones and projects like kphone already work
under GNU/Linux because a large part of it is standardized.
If it doesn't work with a particular VoIP
service provider, its usually down
to settings / or support from VoIP provider.
American VoIP service providers tend to be first time excellent
service providers, but UK are the back waters of POTS
management trying to still get their heads around new
technology and you won't find good support or support
web pages.

Old October 8th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-10-07, J Smith wrote:

1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
settings in another client?

Voipcheap uses the IAX protocol so you will need to search for an IAX
client for Linux. To start you off: IAXComm and kiax.

Brian.
Old October 8th 05, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LJ

On 7 Oct 2005 15:31:18 -0700, J Smith wrote:

1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
settings in another client?

I sent Voipcheap a message from their website about a week ago asking a
similar question - no response so far!

Maybe someone with the Windows client installed can run 'netstat' from a
cmd prompt a few times and see what they're connected to...

LJ
Old October 8th 05, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Davew

LJ wrote:

Maybe someone with the Windows client installed can run 'netstat' from a
cmd prompt a few times and see what they're connected to...

LJ

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....d788 c4d29ea6
or
http://tinyurl.com/cgd5g