sipdiscount

Old October 8th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Default sipdiscount

After failing to use voipdiscount.co.uk on linux I found a link on the
site to sipdiscount.com, so I tried this instead. Using cornfeadsip I
can make calls but I am unable to hear anything. I tried my own phone
and when I speak into the phone I can see the lights flashing on my
router but no sound comes out of my speakers. Yet, after a minute I
hear a message saying my call has been disconnected (I have to add
credit to make calls over 60 seconds). I'm behind NAT and I have
forwarded 5060 UDP and TCP. What could the problem be?

Old October 8th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

wrote:
I just tried installing it in Eyebeam it won't even register .

I tried about 5 different SIP clients. Most won't register but some
will if I play about with the settings. Only one actually lets me make
calls, but won't play the sound through the speaker.

Old October 11th 05, 02:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

You need to forward the RTP / UDP port(s) to your PC. This is usually 5004,
but you may need 3478, 3479, 5082, 8000, and also 10000 if you are using
STUN.
Regards,
Martin

Old October 11th 05, 02:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Martin² wrote:
You need to forward the RTP / UDP port(s) to your PC. This is usually 5004,
but you may need 3478, 3479, 5082, 8000, and also 10000 if you are using
STUN.

That did just the trick, thanks.