Zoom X5V (Global Village)

Old October 9th 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Flipflops

Default Zoom X5V (Global Village)

I bought one of these so I could have a US inbound number. At first it was
fine, but now when I dial the global village supplied US number from another
phone it does not make a connection. Forwarding the number works fine, and
the UK assigned (0870) number works under all circumstances. Last time I
asked them about it, they said I should perform a hard reset, which worked.
Trouble is, this isn't a solution, it's just a stop gap for what is an
undefined period of time before the problem reoccurs. Of course, the only
way you know about it is if you try it out, or the person calling you has
another method of communicating with you.

Anybody else with a US number got this problem?

Rgds

Stuart

Old October 9th 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Mr Flipflops" wrote in message

I bought one of these so I could have a US inbound
number. At first it was fine, but now when I dial the
global village supplied US number from another phone it
does not make a connection. Forwarding the number works
fine, and the UK assigned (0870) number works under all
circumstances. Last time I asked them about it, they
said I should perform a hard reset, which worked. Trouble
is, this isn't a solution, it's just a stop gap for what
is an undefined period of time before the problem
reoccurs. Of course, the only way you know about it is
if you try it out, or the person calling you has another
method of communicating with you.
Anybody else with a US number got this problem?

Rgds

Stuart

I have no idea about Global Village, but if you want a free US incoming
number that works with any SIP account then www.ipkall.com are worth a
look. I've had one of their numbers for a year with no problems at all.
The drawback is they only have 360 area code (Washington State) numbers,
but that isn't a problem for me as my friends there get inclusive calls to
any US number on their monthly plan.

Ivor

Old October 10th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Flipflops

I have no idea about Global Village, but if you want a free US incoming
number that works with any SIP account then www.ipkall.com are worth a
look. I've had one of their numbers for a year with no problems at all.
The drawback is they only have 360 area code (Washington State) numbers,
but that isn't a problem for me as my friends there get inclusive calls to
any US number on their monthly plan.

Ivor

Yes, I have one of those. The quality was a little dubious first time I
tried it, but I might just end up going with it if these issues keep up.