New voipbuster based thingy

Old October 12th 05, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Smith

Default New voipbuster based thingy

another one to mess around with for ya ..

www.sipdiscount.com

tried it , didn't get very far with my Sipura2100 , managed to get a message
from voipbuster once saying 'no credit' - I'm sure I got my settings wrong
somewhere

JS

Old October 12th 05, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"John Smith" wrote in message
.uk
another one to mess around with for ya ..

www.sipdiscount.com

tried it , didn't get very far with my Sipura2100 ,
managed to get a message from voipbuster once saying 'no
credit' - I'm sure I got my settings wrong somewhere

JS

I just tried it on my AVM Fritz!Box, the test username works fine for the
1 minute test calls. I might just sign up for this, although there doesn't
seem to be a way of receiving calls, it appears to be outgoing only,
unless someone can confirm otherwise..?

Ivor

Old October 12th 05, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
"John Smith" wrote in message
.uk
another one to mess around with for ya ..

www.sipdiscount.com

tried it , didn't get very far with my Sipura2100 ,
managed to get a message from voipbuster once saying 'no
credit' - I'm sure I got my settings wrong somewhere

JS

I just tried it on my AVM Fritz!Box, the test username works fine for
the 1 minute test calls. I might just sign up for this, although
there doesn't seem to be a way of receiving calls, it appears to be
outgoing only, unless someone can confirm otherwise..?

Ivor

I can get the test account to work, have created my own account (no credit
added yet) but although I can log into the website with my details, it won't
log into their service to make calls.

Old October 12th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Tone:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:21:41 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
"John Smith" wrote in message
.uk
another one to mess around with for ya ..

www.sipdiscount.com

tried it , didn't get very far with my Sipura2100 ,
managed to get a message from voipbuster once saying 'no
credit' - I'm sure I got my settings wrong somewhere

JS

I just tried it on my AVM Fritz!Box, the test username works fine
for the 1 minute test calls. I might just sign up for this, although
there doesn't seem to be a way of receiving calls, it appears to be
outgoing only, unless someone can confirm otherwise..?

Ivor

I can get the test account to work, have created my own account (no
credit added yet) but although I can log into the website with my
details, it won't log into their service to make calls.

I downloaded the software and it all worked absolutely fine.
I also got 2 euros credit for Skype when I bought my headset so
downloaded that and that works fine too

The only software you download with www.sipdiscount.com is the registration
program, that worked fine, however when you add the deatails to whatever you
use to make calls it doesn't recognise the username / password, yet works fine
with the "test" "test" setup.

Old October 12th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:14:45 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

another one to mess around with for ya ..

www.sipdiscount.com

Why on earth should you have to download a program in order to register?

and why does there have to be an attachment with their email?
From their FAQ

"I have received an electronic receipt by email which causes a virus warning."
"If you have provided your email address you will receive an electronic receipt
by email. Your virus scanner settings may be so strict it will consider most
emails with an attachment as a potential virus, this is however not the case and
you may have to lower your security settings to view your receipt."

Oh no I won't...

Geo
Old October 12th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

and why does there have to be an attachment with their email?
From their FAQ

"I have received an electronic receipt by email which causes a virus warning."
"If you have provided your email address you will receive an electronic receipt
by email. Your virus scanner settings may be so strict it will consider most
emails with an attachment as a potential virus, this is however not the case and
you may have to lower your security settings to view your receipt."

Oh no I won't...

It is just an innocuous HTML e-mail - no attachment as such. I think
you have got the wrong settings on your e-mail client.

Me
Old October 12th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:00:39 +0100, wrote:

It is just an innocuous HTML e-mail - no attachment as such. I think
you have got the wrong settings on your e-mail client.

The quote was from /their/ FAQ - so presumably they do send an attachment.

I have not received anything since I object to having to download a program in
order to register.

Geo
Old October 12th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alex

[...]

I've just registered and it works perfectly (ATA registers to servers with
my username and password), although I haven't made any calls over 1minute as
I've not added credit to my account yet.
The website says you can have 'free' calls with other sipdiscount members,
but I agree Ivor, there seems to be no way of knowing your number that your
contactable on, as my username is alphabetic, so no incoming calls!

Alex

Old October 12th 05, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Alex:

I've just registered and it works perfectly (ATA registers to servers
with my username and password), although I haven't made any calls
over 1minute as I've not added credit to my account yet.
The website says you can have 'free' calls with other sipdiscount
members, but I agree Ivor, there seems to be no way of knowing your
number that your contactable on, as my username is alphabetic, so no
incoming calls!
Alex

It is now working, for some reason it took a an hour or two for the account to
become live.

Old October 12th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Alex" wrote in message

[snip]

I've just registered and it works perfectly (ATA
registers to servers with my username and password),
although I haven't made any calls over 1minute as I've
not added credit to my account yet. The website says you can have 'free'
calls with other
sipdiscount members, but I agree Ivor, there seems to be
no way of knowing your number that your contactable on,
as my username is alphabetic, so no incoming calls!
Alex

I can't get past the registration stage. The downloadable program keeps
saying "unknown error, try later" so I gave up in the end. The test
settings work for calls of less than 1 minute, which covers most of my
use, so it will be interesting to see how long that facility lasts..!

Ivor