Best outgoing provider for UK landline...?

Old October 12th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alex

Default Best outgoing provider for UK landline...?

Hi,

I currently have a sipgate account, which I am very pleased with so far (use
it mainly for incoming calls and daytime 0845/0870 as we have no landline,
only cable broadband and my mobile does the bulk of my calling due to
x-network free mins).

I do however use the sipgate account for roughly 5mins a day on calls to
landlines. With all these providers who seem to be offering free UK calls
for adding a nominal amount of credit to your account, I feel like I am
sticking my head in the sand a bit by not using them (eg voipbuster,
sipdicsount, 18899 etc...). Could anyone recommend a provider to use for
some UK landline free calls? I'd want to be able to put the settings into my
ATA just for the time I want to make the call (some discount providers dont
list the settings on their website and the settings seem to be kept a bit of
a secret elsewhere), and then revert the settings back to sipgate, I *dont*
want to use a shoddy softphone, or pay subscription eg vonage.

Yes I want something for nothing as it seems it is being offered! If not
then I'm quite happy to give sipgate 1.19p a minute for the small amount of
calls I make which aren't 0845/0870.

TIA,
Alex

Old October 12th 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Alex wrote:
[...]

you could try www.voipfone.co.uk its pay as you go minimum payment is a
fiver

Mat

Old October 12th 05, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Someone

[...]

I have been fairly impressed by voipbuster.com over the last few days, I run
it
as a trunk on my asterisk system, and sound quality has been very good.
however
I did find in the evening it sometimes failed, I guess due to excess use.

I still have no idea how they make money, I am guessing after x amount of
time free calls
may be switch off or chargable call costs increased

In regard to settings 18866.com voipbuster.com and sipdiscount all use
similar set ups.
on some phones soft or hard there have been problems with audio not being
heard. If you have
this try and turn off all other codecs apart from the one that is going to
be used

Old October 17th 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marc Popek

Just use a pstn to voip auto switch easier and you get surge protection FREE

Marc
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1