Sipgate and calls from mobiles

Old October 13th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipgate and calls from mobiles

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my sipgate Geographical number (01252 xxx
xxx).

The number can be called from landlines and works fine. But when I try to
call it from my Virgin mobile, it says that the number dialed is incorrect !

Is anyone having the same problem ? Do you know how to get round it ?

Thank you

Old October 13th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Jono" wrote in message
o.uk...

I've had the same issue with Orange=Sipgate.

Orange blamed Sipgate at first, then blamed BT. Then accepted it might be
their problem. When they fixed it they said it was actually a fault with
NTL (who carry their traffic off-net)

You need to report the fault to all parties involved & hope you get a
resolution quickly. It could come back without you reporting it.

Has it just started happening?

I discovered Voip 3 days ago so I am a new user.
I use NTL as well so it might be the same problem. Who did you contact at
NTL to get it fixed ?
Thank you.

Old October 13th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be Virgin network then

Old October 13th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
news
It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be
Virgin network then

Could be something between them and NTL. Worth asking them anyway.

Ivor

Old October 13th 05, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be
Virgin network then

Could be something between them and NTL. Worth asking
them anyway.
Ivor

Forgot to say, my own Sipgate numbers work fine from Virgin, so maybe they
just haven't activated the range you're using. Shout at them..!

Ivor