Sipura 3000 PSTN to VoIP

Old October 17th 05, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henk van Andel

Default Sipura 3000 PSTN to VoIP

I would like to call trough my home PBX to the PSTN port of my Sipura 3000
and then dial through VoIP such as VoIPBuster.

I have on the PSTN line two dial plans:
Dial plan 1: ([36]xxx:@gw1) ---- calls 3xxx and 6xxx numbers through gw1
to an Asterix (remote)
Dial plan 2: (0:0031[123457]xxxxxxxx:@gw2) --- calls Dutch 0xxxxxxxxx
landline numbers through gw2 = VoIPBuster
Both gateways and dialplans work for line 1.

In the Sipura 3000 under the PSTN tab / PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup I have:
- PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable: yes
- PSTN Caller Auth Method: no (no PIN needed)
- PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: no
- PSTN CID For VoIP CID: no
- PSTN Caller ID Pattern: empty (from any number should be access to the
dial-out)

The Sipura answers the call to the Sipura PSTN port and gives a dial tone
(albeit "hesitating" in the beginning).
But it does not connect to any outside number. In stead, it gives a busy
tone after a time-out.

Possibly I have not correctly configured the Sipura 3000? Can anyone tell me
the correct settings?

Rgds, Henk

Old October 17th 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henk van Andel

Don't bother anymore.
I found the problem in the bloody manual. PSTN dials out only through the
configured SIP provider and regretfully ignores the gateways.

Thanks for the assistance in this newsgroup anyway.

Rgds, Henk

t.nl...

Old October 17th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:45:13 +0200, "Henk van Andel"
wrote:

Don't bother anymore.
I found the problem in the bloody manual. PSTN dials out only through the
configured SIP provider and regretfully ignores the gateways.

I haven't tried this but I do know that it is possible to link the
PSTN line to the voip. It may not be as bad as you think though. I
assume that it obeys the dial plan and, if this is so then you can
apply a rule, within the dial plan to dial out via another provider. I
would have thought you could set the dial plan to dial out via :gwX
where X is the number of the gateway. If not you can set any number of
providers up WITHIN the dial plan without reference to the gw
settings. I thought I had a copy of the syntax but I have lost
it...look it up on voxilla.com if you need it.
I repeat though, I haven't tried this so I don't know if this applies
to your application.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old October 17th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henk van Andel

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Brian, for your reaction and suggestion.
I looked at Voxilla and found the syntax which you meant (I guess).
So in (my default) dial plan 1 on the PSTN line I made:

;usr=aaaaaa;pwd="bbbbbbb";nat=ye s)

The first part (0:0031[123457]xxxxxxxx dials out via VoIPBuster, which is
configured as teh standard SIP account.
The second part ;usr=aaaaaa;pwd="bbbbbbb";nat=ye s)
dials out via a diffetrent SIP server.

Indeed, it works!!!

Once again thanks for your intervention.

Rgds, Henk

Old October 17th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:32:46 +0200, "Henk van Andel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Yes that was the syntax I was meaning. Pleased to have been of help.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.