PAP2 - forwarding Line1 to Line2.. any success?

Old October 18th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Default PAP2 - forwarding Line1 to Line2.. any success?

Hi,

I have seen people say this is possible, forwaring LINE2 to LINE1,
internally on the PAP2, others say its not possible. Could somebody who
has managed to do this let me know, and any hints as to how to get this
working.

Lets assume this setup:

Line 1: voipbuster - for outgoing only, phone is connected to this port

Line 2: Sipgate - for incoming only, this is the Line to forward to Line1.

I know others are trying to get this working aswell, so any input from
somebody who actually has done it would be great.
Old October 18th 05, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Scope" wrote in message

Hi,

I have seen people say this is possible, forwaring LINE2
to LINE1, internally on the PAP2, others say its not
possible. Could somebody who has managed to do this let
me know, and any hints as to how to get this working.

Lets assume this setup:

Line 1: voipbuster - for outgoing only, phone is
connected to this port
Line 2: Sipgate - for incoming only, this is the Line to
forward to Line1.
I know others are trying to get this working aswell, so
any input from somebody who actually has done it would be
great.

I don't know, but if all else fails try using a 2-line phone such as the
BT Converse 2025. This has two line cords and will ring for either line,
outgoing calls are on Line 1 by default but you can select Line 2 with a
single button press. I believe it has recently ceased production (I may be
wrong) so if you want to get one do it soon..!

Ivor

Old October 18th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Scope" wrote in message

[...]

Or use the combine-a-line thing from ebay
Old October 18th 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

I don't know, but if all else fails try using a 2-line
phone such as the BT Converse 2025. This has two line
cords and will ring for either line, outgoing calls are
on Line 1 by default but you can select Line 2 with a
single button press. I believe it has recently ceased
production (I may be wrong) so if you want to get one
do it soon..!

Or use the combine-a-line thing from ebay

I don't like the look of that thing. I like the 2025, it's a well put
together phone. The only gripe I have with it is the ringer on/off switch
works on both lines, so it isn't possible to switch off the ringing on one
line only, which I sometimes want to do.

Ivor

Old October 18th 05, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Ivor Jones wrote:
I don't know, but if all else fails try using a 2-line phone such as the
BT Converse 2025. This has two line cords and will ring for either line,
outgoing calls are on Line 1 by default but you can select Line 2 with a
single button press. I believe it has recently ceased production (I may be
wrong) so if you want to get one do it soon..!

I need it to be cordless + I've just bought a new DECT phone for this
purpose.. If I cant get it working I'll just have to live with either
one line, or switching on the PAP2 depending on what I want to do..

However, I have a feeling its posssible, so Im hoping somebody who has
managed this will come along.
Old October 18th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Scope wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

I don't know, but if all else fails try using a 2-line phone such as
the BT Converse 2025. This has two line cords and will ring for either
line, outgoing calls are on Line 1 by default but you can select Line
2 with a single button press. I believe it has recently ceased
production (I may be wrong) so if you want to get one do it soon..!

I need it to be cordless + I've just bought a new DECT phone for this
purpose.. If I cant get it working I'll just have to live with either
one line, or switching on the PAP2 depending on what I want to do..

However, I have a feeling its posssible, so Im hoping somebody who has
managed this will come along.

I managed it with two FWD accounts....... The combine a line will work
for you.......And save you from having to keep unplugging and plugging
back in cables.......... Or get anther phone
Old October 18th 05, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Sean wrote:
Or use the combine-a-line thing from ebay

You dont happen to have a name, or url, do you? I cant find such
products on ebay.

Old October 18th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:12:20 +0100, Scope wrote:

I need it to be cordless + I've just bought a new DECT phone for this
purpose.

shame you didn't get a 2-line one :-(

if there was open source firmware on the PAP2 it would be a natural
priority to make it behave more like a Sipura 3000.

Phil

No more cable clowns :-))
Old October 18th 05, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Sean writes
Scope wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

I don't know, but if all else fails try using a 2-line phone such as
the BT Converse 2025. This has two line cords and will ring for
either line, outgoing calls are on Line 1 by default but you can
select Line 2 with a single button press. I believe it has recently
ceased production (I may be wrong) so if you want to get one do it soon..!

I need it to be cordless + I've just bought a new DECT phone for
this purpose.. If I cant get it working I'll just have to live with
either one line, or switching on the PAP2 depending on what I want to do..
However, I have a feeling its posssible, so Im hoping somebody who
has managed this will come along.

I managed it with two FWD accounts....... The combine a line will work
for you.......And save you from having to keep unplugging and plugging
back in cables.......... Or get anther phone

Combine-a-line is no good if one of the lines you're going to use is a
BT PSTN line, as I've said in another thread.

David
Old October 18th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Scope wrote:
Sean wrote:

Or use the combine-a-line thing from ebay

You dont happen to have a name, or url, do you? I cant find such
products on ebay.

Found it.. Just what Im looking for. Shipping from USA, does anybody
know if it works ok in the UK?