Sipgate, not their fault?

Old October 18th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Hills

Default Sipgate, not their fault?

Today my route to sipgate goes through 217.10.64.0/23, aka
NETZQUADRAT-NET02. The remarks for this prefix a-

Temporary prefix - generally not seen in the wild unless AS15594 is
struck by disaster.

Anyone know what happened?
Old October 18th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Chris Hills" wrote in message
.uk
Today my route to sipgate goes through 217.10.64.0/23, aka
NETZQUADRAT-NET02. The remarks for this prefix a-

Temporary prefix - generally not seen in the wild unless
AS15594 is struck by disaster.

Anyone know what happened?

No idea, what were you doing to get this message..? Were you trying to
make a call..?

Ivor

Old October 18th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris

Ivor Jones wrote:
No idea, what were you doing to get this message..? Were you trying to
make a call..?

Ivor

This information comes from the RIPE whois database. I just happened to
notice that the latency was unusually high, so I did some digging.

Regards

Chris
Old October 18th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Chris" wrote in message
.uk
Ivor Jones wrote:
No idea, what were you doing to get this message..?
Were you trying to make a call..?

Ivor

This information comes from the RIPE whois database. I
just happened to notice that the latency was unusually
high, so I did some digging.
Regards

Chris

Thanks, I've been doing some digging of my own, apparently that message
was a joke inserted by somebody several years ago..!

Ivor

Old October 18th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris

Ivor Jones wrote:
Thanks, I've been doing some digging of my own, apparently that message
was a joke inserted by somebody several years ago..!

Hah, thanks for that :-)