Voipbuster now charging for calls to FRANCE

Old October 19th 05, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David

Default Voipbuster now charging for calls to FRANCE

Calls to France used to be free... they're 1c a minute now :-(

It was good while it lasted.

Dave
Old October 19th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:55:59 +0100, David
wrote:

Calls to France used to be free... they're 1c a minute now :-(

It was good while it lasted.

Yes but that changed two or 3 months ago.

Me
Old October 19th 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

Calls to France used to be free... they're 1c a minute now :-(

It was good while it lasted.

Yes but that changed two or 3 months ago.

Me

but France landline is free from sipdiscount.com - why not move there.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old October 19th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Crane

"David" wrote in message
Calls to France used to be free... they're 1c a minute now :-(

It was good while it lasted.

How long do you think they should subsidise your calls for?

Regards
Andrew

--
Inweb Networks. Quality internet and telecoms services
Sales: 08000 612222 Support: 08704322222. http://www.inweb.co.uk

Old October 19th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AD C

In article ,
says...

How long do you think they should subsidise your calls for?

It amazes me that people want something for nothing and when it end they
do not like it.

Old October 20th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David

Andrew Crane wrote:
How long do you think they should subsidise your calls for?

As long as they're willing to, I guess. :-D
Like I said: It was good while it lasted.

I'm not bitter and twisted about this - If someone is providing a
service for free then they're quite at liberty to stop at any time. I
have no issue with that.

My post was mainly to alert people that the calls to France were no
longer free - Thankfully Voipbuster's 'This call costs 1 cent per
minute' announcement was clear and enabled me to terminate the call
before it was answered.

Regards,
David
Old October 20th 05, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David

Ad C wrote:
It amazes me that people want something for nothing and when it end they
do not like it.

Ad, my post wasn't a moan, it was more of a heads-up to anyone else who
uses Voipbuster for calls to France. Sometimes that call charge message
is cut short if the other end picks up the call quickly - people could
miss the fact that the call was now being charged.

Thanks to Voipbuster I have been able to dip a toe into the VOIP pool
and test it out to see if it's something worth pursuing - and don't
forget, using them is not free: I had to deposit a whole Euro! ;-)

But you are right - I do like getting something for nothing and I don't
like it when it ends - Don't we all if we're honest?

Regards,
David

Old October 21st 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:32:48 +0100, wrote:

My post was mainly to alert people that the calls to France were no
longer free - Thankfully Voipbuster's 'This call costs 1 cent per
minute' announcement was clear and enabled me to terminate the call
before it was answered.

Cheapskate

Not really. If your main intention is to get free UK calls and don't
want to use up your initial fee then it seems quite sensible to me.
It would seem wise to look around and see who is offering the cheapest
deal and, currently, for France, it seems that it is sipdiscount.
They all come out of the same stable anyway, but you have to bear in
mind that Joe Public isn't as well informed as most of the people who
frequent this newsgroup. What about the many millions of people who
are still paying per minute for their daytime calls when they could
be using 18866/1899! I look around for the cheapest deals - if you
have money to throw away and don't consider it worth your time to shop
around then that is your choice but some of us consider it a waste not
to do so. I always aim for the best value for money. That doesn't
always mean going for the cheapest deal as sometimes it can be better
to spend more with a view to saving in the long term.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.