Asterisk is very very slow...

Old October 19th 05, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk is very very slow...

Hi,

When we receive an incoming call it takes asterisk upto 8 seconds to
decide where to route it. This applies to pstn and voip calls.

Fax detection is off.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this, otherwise I'll be
under pressure to dump asterisk....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthew

Old October 19th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| Hi,
|| When we receive an incoming call it takes asterisk upto 8 seconds to
|| decide where to route it. This applies to pstn and voip calls.
|| Fax detection is off.
|| Is there anything that can be done to improve this, otherwise I'll be
|| under pressure to dump asterisk....
|| Any ideas?
|| Thanks
|| Matthew

Which flavour of asterisk are you using?

Old October 19th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Jono wrote:
Matt wrote:
|| Hi,
|| When we receive an incoming call it takes asterisk upto 8 seconds to
|| decide where to route it. This applies to pstn and voip calls.
|| Fax detection is off.
|| Is there anything that can be done to improve this, otherwise I'll be
|| under pressure to dump asterisk....
|| Any ideas?
|| Thanks
|| Matthew

Which flavour of asterisk are you using?

Asterisk at Home 1.5.

Thanks for the reply

Matthew

Old October 19th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| Which flavour of asterisk are you using?
|| Asterisk at Home 1.5.
|| Thanks for the reply
|| Matthew

I'm using 1.3 with a sipura SPA3000 to provide the *@H with a connection to
PSTN. I set them up using the wizards at http:\\voxilla.com (fantastic
resource)

Give us a bit more info - SIP provider; Method of connection to PSTN;
Router; Ports forwarded etc.

Do internal calls ring immediately?

Old October 19th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

i am not an expert but is that anything to do with CLID?

Old October 19th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter

Matt wrote:
When we receive an incoming call it takes asterisk upto 8 seconds to
decide where to route it. This applies to pstn and voip calls.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this, otherwise I'll be
under pressure to dump asterisk....

This sort of thing is usually because your X100P, ATA, or whatever is
doing the PSTN interfacing is waiting for Bellcore CLID, and it takes
about six seconds for it to realise it's not going to get any.

Try disabling caller ID. Without knowing what hardware you're using, I
can't really give any further help.

--
I have heard it said that the reason Microsoft is choosing to work with the
government of Nigeria in stopping 419 scammers is that it's easier to rebuild
Old October 19th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Cheers.

I'm using sipgate and voiptalk and pstn for incoming calls. The
connection to the pstn is via a xp100 clone sourced from ebay.

The same delay occurs on all external calls. Internal call ring
immediately.

Hope this helps.

Matthew

Old October 19th 05, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Cheers Peter,

The PSTN interface is via an xp100 clone - so how do I tell it to stop
looking for the bellcore ID?

How do I disable caller-id in asterisk?

Thanks for your help,

Matthew

Old October 19th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Matt wrote:
|| Cheers.
|| I'm using sipgate and voiptalk and pstn for incoming calls. The
|| connection to the pstn is via a xp100 clone sourced from ebay.
|| The same delay occurs on all external calls. Internal call ring
|| immediately.
|| Hope this helps.
|| Matthew

Have you set up any ring groups? and set up your Incoming Calls page in AMP
(which only affects your clone card) to send any external calls to a
specific extension or ring group?

have you set your Sipgate DID to point to a ring group/ extension?

Gradwell's instructions work very well for Sipgate
http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.p...j=subcat&_i=29 -
obviously substituting Gradwell's server details with Sipgate's

Old October 19th 05, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

I've got a couple of ring groups, the incoming calls page points to
extension 200 - it all works, just takes a while to decide what to do!

The sipgate number points are Ring Group 301 - again this works, just
slowly.

Cheers

Matthew