Asterisk more than one call

Old October 20th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Asterisk more than one call

Hi

I have setup a Asterisk box and am having great fun discovering what it
can do etc. One question I have is how do I get a SIP provider to
present multiple calls on the same PSTN number. For example caller 1
calls 01xxx xxxxxx and Asterisk answers the call, 10 seconds later
caller 2 also calls but this time the SIP provider answers the call
into voicemail because there is alreays caller 1 on the line. How do I
get the SIP provider to present call 2?

I am asking in this group as I am based in the UK and if this
functionality is SIP provider specific I need to know a UK supplier.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Jon

Old October 20th 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

I have setup a Asterisk box and am having great fun discovering what it
can do etc. One question I have is how do I get a SIP provider to
present multiple calls on the same PSTN number. For example caller 1
calls 01xxx xxxxxx and Asterisk answers the call, 10 seconds later
caller 2 also calls but this time the SIP provider answers the call
into voicemail because there is alreays caller 1 on the line. How do I
get the SIP provider to present call 2?

I am asking in this group as I am based in the UK and if this
functionality is SIP provider specific I need to know a UK supplier.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Jon

I use Sipgate for this very purpose. I have disabled Sipgate's Voicemail.
Call 2 automatically gets delivered to my asterisk......and call 3, and call
4 for that matter.

Old October 20th 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Aha, I have just tried my Sipgate account and yes it works. I got it in
a queue and both calls from my mobile and landline were held in the
queue dialing the one Sipgate number.

Thanks for the quick reply

Jon

Old October 20th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote in message
ups.com...
Aha, I have just tried my Sipgate account and yes it works. I got it in
a queue and both calls from my mobile and landline were held in the
queue dialing the one Sipgate number.

Thanks for the quick reply

Jon

That's SIP for you!

Old October 20th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Well the service that didn't work is SIP based also but as they are a
business class supplier I guess they dont allow it so busineses will
buy multiple SIP accounts. Sipgate customer services have told me in
the past they are not a business class supplier so I guess they dont
care