SPA models no longer for the likes of us then...

Old October 22nd 05, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

Default SPA models no longer for the likes of us then...

Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have grabbed
Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.

Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
http://tinyurl.com/c2azn

"Please Note:
These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

Geo
Old October 22nd 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Geo" wrote in message

Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now
Linksys have grabbed Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100
and SPA3000.

Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of
page... http://tinyurl.com/c2azn

"Please Note:
These products are available for sale only to approved
Service Providers and Resellers. They are not available
for purchase by the general public."

Geo

That site wanted to set too many cookies for my liking. After I'd rejected
the 30th I gave up.

Ivor

Old October 23rd 05, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

Ivor Jones wrote:

"Geo" wrote in message

Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now
Linksys have grabbed Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100
and SPA3000.

Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of
page... http://tinyurl.com/c2azn

"Please Note:
These products are available for sale only to approved
Service Providers and Resellers. They are not available
for purchase by the general public."

Geo

That site wanted to set too many cookies for my liking. After I'd rejected
the 30th I gave up.

Ivor

Eh? Why?
You can run firefox and set the cookies to be deleted when
you exit firefox.
http://www.mozilla.org/

Old October 23rd 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"7" wrote in
message
o.uk
Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

That site wanted to set too many cookies for my liking.
After I'd rejected the 30th I gave up.

Eh? Why?
You can run firefox and set the cookies to be deleted when
you exit firefox.
http://www.mozilla.org/

I do run Firefox, but any site that wants to set that many cookies doesn't
get a visit from me, whether I can delete them afterwards or not. I don't
want them there in the first place..!

Ivor

Old October 23rd 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

Can't believe Linksys really want to refuse a sale, suspect an
over-enthusiastic marketing droid here. Perhaps what they really mean is
"don't expect lots of handholding getting it to work."

Old October 24th 05, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Geo writes
Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have grabbed
Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.

Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
http://tinyurl.com/c2azn

"Please Note:
These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
give support - not Linksys.

DF
Old October 24th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Geo wrote:

Looks like we will not be able to buy these anymore now Linksys have
grabbed Sipura - SPA1001, SPA2002, SPA2100 and SPA3000.

Start here and pick any model and scroll to bottom of page...
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...e=US%2FLayout\
&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C1%26cid%3D1126197002167 \
&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

"Please Note:
These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers
and Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

They'll appear on eBay in short order, no doubt.

alexd
--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:34:56 up 19 days, 15:43, 3 users, load average: 0.37, 0.36, 0.31

Old October 24th 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:33:22 +0100, David Floyd wrote:

What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
give support - not Linksys.

Because the device will only be supplied locked to that resellers voip service.
See for example the Vonage PAP2 devices.

Geo
Old October 24th 05, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Geo writes
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:33:22 +0100, David Floyd wrote:

What's wrong with that? THEY do not want to sell to the General Public,
OK. But the general public can buy from a reseller - who presumably will
give support - not Linksys.

Because the device will only be supplied locked to that resellers voip service.
See for example the Vonage PAP2 devices.

Well you snipped to much from the previous post:
"Please Note:
These products are available for sale only to approved Service Providers and
Resellers. They are not available for purchase by the general public."

Now I would expect what you say from a Service Provider, but not from a
Reseller. I don't think you will find it's locked when purchased from a
reseller who isn't a Service Provider
Old October 25th 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:22:38 +0100, Mark wrote:

What about firmware updates? Will we see this page updated in futu

http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm

Somehow I doubt it :-(

Agreed - couple of quotes from broadbandbuyer site about another "unlocked"
linksys product:-

"Linksys WRT54GP2 Unlocked 54Mbps Wireless-G VoIP Broadband Router w/2 Phone
Ports "
"As said below, linksys do not support this, i phoned to discuss an issue with
the voice and they said i shouldn't have access to that and to phone my VOIP
provider. "
" Potential buyers look out tho - this unit is not directly supported by Linksys
and comes with year-old firmware so looks like you're on your own if you run
into any problems."

Geo