Anyone heard of Bluetalk?

Old October 22nd 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

Default Anyone heard of Bluetalk?

I clicked on an ad for a VoIP service with webcam, headset and account
with Bluetalk. There seamed to be very little detail so I followed a
somewhat hidden link marked terms & conditions. It wasn't that but was
the welcome screen expecting customers who had bought the product and
(still without any details of the product) asked me to register.
Clicking the only link on the page went to bluebite and the Security
Centre queried the certificate because the name did not match the site.
As it had no other problem with the certificate I accepted it but became
aware that the registration form was not from a secure site, so I left.

Anyone know any more?
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old October 24th 05, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pzboyz

Peter Pratten wrote:

Anyone know any more?

Only this much @ http://www.bluebite.co.uk/

pzboyz.
Old October 25th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-10-22, Peter Pratten wrote:

I clicked on an ad for a VoIP service with webcam, headset and account
with Bluetalk. There seamed to be very little detail so I followed a
somewhat hidden link marked terms & conditions. It wasn't that but was
the welcome screen expecting customers who had bought the product and
(still without any details of the product) asked me to register.
Clicking the only link on the page went to bluebite and the Security
Centre queried the certificate because the name did not match the site.
As it had no other problem with the certificate I accepted it but became
aware that the registration form was not from a secure site, so I left.

The registration page is an https URL; how secure do you want it to be?

Anyone know any more?

About the service offered at www.bluebite.co.uk? Only what I read
there.

There appear to be a very competitive set of free and chargeable
services available. MOH, call waiting, call diversion, call transfer
and voice mail are among those which are free and there is peering with
other networks. Interesting, they claim to peer with Vonage, both here
and in the USA.

0871 numbers are handed out on signing up but a geographic number can
be had for 1.49 GBP per month. Tarifs are comparable with other
providers and you pay by adding 5 or 10 GBP to your account. With VAT
and P&P included, the prices of some of the Voip equipment might be
attractive.

Brian.
Old October 26th 05, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:06:25 +0000 (UTC), Brian

On 2005-10-22, Peter Pratten wrote:

[...]

They don't know how to format a telephone number though.

Oldie

Old October 27th 05, 02:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

In article , Brian
writes
The registration page is an https URL; how secure do you want it to be?

It wasn't when I tried it. I presume they have corrected it as when I
tested an order page after a previous response it did have the 's'.
Always wise to watch these things, especially when I hadn't heard of
them. Didn't want to be bitten.

Anyone know any more?

About the service offered at www.bluebite.co.uk? Only what I read
there.

What I meant by "more" was "beyond what they say for themselves".

snip details

Thank you. It took a lot of digging to find this info on the site. It
could be better laid out.

However I don't understand the domestic/business additional lines offer
"no rental" yet a monthly fee. What is the fee but a rental? Do they
mean real lines or virtual ones?

Strange price anomaly - Buenos Aires is three quarters the price for the
UK!
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old October 27th 05, 02:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

In article , Oldie
writes
They don't know how to format a telephone number though.

There are too many of these around.
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only