Freetalk

Old October 23rd 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Deag

Default Freetalk

Have not seen much comment on here about Freetalk. So far I have found it
extremely good, very reliable, unlike Justdial and Sipgate which I have used
before.

It allows local dialling i.e. you do not need to dial the area code to call
a local number, voicemail is good. Only things they have not got working
properly are caller display to the called party displays "International" and
withheld numbers seem to show the number. Anonymous Call Rejection also does
not work, proably because they show the number.

If it continues working as well I will be dithcing my BT line (I use
Telewest for braodband) and keeping this.

Old October 23rd 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

Deag wrote:

Have not seen much comment on here about Freetalk. So far I have found it
extremely good, very reliable, unlike Justdial and Sipgate which I have used
before.

It allows local dialling i.e. you do not need to dial the area code to call
a local number, voicemail is good. Only things they have not got working
properly are caller display to the called party displays "International" and
withheld numbers seem to show the number. Anonymous Call Rejection also does
not work, proably because they show the number.

Do they give you enough info to set up your own ATA, or are you forced
to use the one they supply (like Vonage)?