Ethernet Phones

Old October 24th 05, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Motorcyclesaur

Default Ethernet Phones

Hi Everyone,

I would like to use a voip service and be contacted via a local number,
using a physical phone such as a Grandstream 100 series (or similar).

The problem is that I would like to use more than one provider, e.g. one
connected to a UK local number, and one connected to a German number, but I
am not sure that ethernet phones can connect to more than one provider at
the same time like for example the softphone EyeBeam can do.

Can anyone tell me if there is on the market a telephone that can be
attached directly to the internet via the router (no pc involved), capable
to connect two providers at the same time?

Thanks...

Old October 24th 05, 01:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Motorcyclesaur wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to use a voip service and be contacted via a local number,
using a physical phone such as a Grandstream 100 series (or similar).

The problem is that I would like to use more than one provider, e.g. one
connected to a UK local number, and one connected to a German number,
but I am not sure that ethernet phones can connect to more than one
provider at the same time like for example the softphone EyeBeam can do.

Can anyone tell me if there is on the market a telephone that can be
attached directly to the internet via the router (no pc involved),
capable to connect two providers at the same time?

Thanks...

I dont know how much you wish to spend, but you can get a Linksys PAP2
ATA, and a 2 line phone like the BT Converse 2025 (or two seperate phones).

Not sure about ethernet phones, i dont see point in them, i prefer a ATA
and a telephone of my choice
Old October 24th 05, 01:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Some of the high end VoIP phones can do that. One of the Sipura range, Snom
etc. IIRC.

Regards,
Martin

Old October 24th 05, 01:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Heimo Hetl

Motorcyclesaur wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is on the market a telephone that can be
attached directly to the internet via the router (no pc involved), capable
to connect two providers at the same time?

Polycom Soundpoint IP500. Not the cheapest, but lots of features and
excellent voice quality, a league above Grandstream and the like. Does 3
lines.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.
Old October 24th 05, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henk van Andel

Linksys/Sipura 841 is a phone with standard 2 "lines" for under $ 100 in
USA. Upgrade to 4 "lines" for $ 30.
Has also very flexible "dial plan" possibilities, almost like Sipura 3000
ATA. Although, the 3000 has more possibilities for dialing out only in its
"gateways" and -if the respective SIP providers allows phoning without being
registered- in its dial plan.

Most ATAs also have only 1 or 2 "lines". The AVM adsl modem/router/ATA has I
believe possibilities for 10.

Rgds, Henk (using both Sipura 841 and 3000)

Old October 24th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henry Fartknocker III

Try the Atcom 2 ports gateway; sold by XeloQ in The Netherlands.
They sell it as budget 2 ports gateway; 2 providers for each SIP channel
possible.

www.xeloq.com

I believr their UK site is not up to date concerning products as you compare
it with their dutch site so look he
http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm )

cheap and good.
Henry

Old October 24th 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Anderton

In message , Motorcyclesaur
writes
Hi Everyone,

I would like to use a voip service and be contacted via a local number,
using a physical phone such as a Grandstream 100 series (or similar).

The problem is that I would like to use more than one provider, e.g.
one connected to a UK local number, and one connected to a German
number, but I am not sure that ethernet phones can connect to more than
one provider at the same time like for example the softphone EyeBeam
can do.

Can anyone tell me if there is on the market a telephone that can be
attached directly to the internet via the router (no pc involved),
capable to connect two providers at the same time?

Thanks...

Grandstream GXP2000 is fairly cheap. Handles 4 accounts and up to 11
simultaneous calls.
--
Richard Anderton
Old October 24th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Motorcyclesaur

"Sean" wrote in message

Not sure about ethernet phones, i dont see point in them, i prefer a ATA
and a telephone of my choice

Thank you everyone for the answers, I'll have to search the internet and the
various websites to find out more.
What ATAs would you recommend, and how many lines can they take (two would
be enough for me, but you never know).

Thank you again.

Old October 24th 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Motorcyclesaur wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message

Not sure about ethernet phones, i dont see point in them, i prefer a
ATA and a telephone of my choice

Thank you everyone for the answers, I'll have to search the internet and
the various websites to find out more.
What ATAs would you recommend, and how many lines can they take (two
would be enough for me, but you never know).

Thank you again.

I have the linksys PAP2 which supports two serpate lines, need 2 phones
/ 2 line phone. I got mine from www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk , there a a
fritz box or something from www.sipgate.co.uk which allows 8 or 8
aco****s, on 2 phones. You can config diff accounts for diff. lines or
both lines. Its all rather complicated, i don't have one, but spoke to
someone who has
Old October 24th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean wrote:
||aco****s

Funniest typo I've seen in a while!