Call cuts after first "Hello"

Old October 24th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
William Randal

Default Call cuts after first "Hello"

Hi,

I have a Sipura2100 behind a Netgear FVX538 - I dial out and the other
number rings - as soon as the person replies with "Hello" the call cuts
off - is this a firewall issue ? I forwarded some ports but am not sure of
correct ones - I am trying to use the Sipdiscount service - it seems like a
firewall issue but could be a service issue.

cheers for any insight

Will

Old October 24th 05, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

William Randal wrote:
Hi,

I have a Sipura2100 behind a Netgear FVX538 - I dial out and the other
number rings - as soon as the person replies with "Hello" the call cuts
off - is this a firewall issue ? I forwarded some ports but am not sure of
correct ones - I am trying to use the Sipdiscount service - it seems like a
firewall issue but could be a service issue.

cheers for any insight

Will

I have never needed to forward ports to get a VoIP service to work just
specify a stun server in the phones setup.

But I did have a problem with it cutting out as soon as the phone is
answered and it was a setting that I had changed (I think it was the
codec) but I cannot remember what

--
"Customise Your Mobile http://ringtones.tekmobile.co.uk"
"Join Our New Forum http://forums.tekmobile.co.uk"
Old October 24th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mark:
William Randal wrote:
Hi,

I have a Sipura2100 behind a Netgear FVX538 - I dial out and the
other number rings - as soon as the person replies with "Hello" the
call cuts off - is this a firewall issue ? I forwarded some ports
but am not sure of correct ones - I am trying to use the Sipdiscount
service - it seems like a firewall issue but could be a service
issue. cheers for any insight

Will

I have never needed to forward ports to get a VoIP service to work
just specify a stun server in the phones setup.

But I did have a problem with it cutting out as soon as the phone is
answered and it was a setting that I had changed (I think it was the
codec) but I cannot remember what

I had the problem of the call cutting off once answered, and this was also a
codec issue.