Asterisk Help.

Old October 24th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Default Asterisk Help.

I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.

Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?

It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.
Old October 25th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Thomas Rankin wrote:

I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.

Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?

It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

You might want to look at the "registertimeout" and "registerattempts"
options in sip.conf, however these might be CVS-only options...not sure if
they've made it into the main releases. You could always download the
source for your version and grep for occurences of them in the source. Or
install the CVS version.

http://www.voip-forum.com/ that might be helpful

Also, have you double checked that any firewalls aren't interfering?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:33:21 up 1 day, 7 min, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.19

Old October 26th 05, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

alexd wrote:
Thomas Rankin wrote:

I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.

Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?

It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

You might want to look at the "registertimeout" and "registerattempts"
options in sip.conf, however these might be CVS-only options...not sure if
they've made it into the main releases. You could always download the
source for your version and grep for occurences of them in the source. Or
install the CVS version.

It's my home system, so I'm running the CVS version.

http://www.voip-forum.com/ that might be helpful

Also, have you double checked that any firewalls aren't interfering?

Sure, you can see what's happening in the logs.