Help saving PAP2 configuration settings

Old October 26th 05, 06:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ras

Default Help saving PAP2 configuration settings

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:07:08 +0100, Joe wrote:

I can't find any way of documenting the configuration settings I have
for my PAP2. There are so many settings that I'd like to document them
and save the documentation, but I can't find any way of conveniently
doing this. Linksys don't seem to provide a way of doing this. I
thought maybe I could display each page of the configuration on my
browser and use the PrtScr facility on the keyboard to capture the
image and save it as a file. Unfortunately it only captures the bit of
the configuration that's visible on the screen.

Does anyone know of a convenient way to capture all my PAP2 settings
to a file?

When displayed in browser

File/Save AS

Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with name of particular page you
are displaying at that time.
i.e.Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with SiP ,Prov, Regional, or
Line1 etc each time you save
-- ras
Old October 26th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Joe wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:37:05 +0100, ras wrote:

When displayed in browser

File/Save AS

Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with name of particular page you
are displaying at that time.
i.e.Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with SiP ,Prov, Regional, or
Line1 etc each time you save

I've tried that.

If you use the option "Save as Webpage, complete (*.htm, *.html)" it
clutters up your file system with a subfolder and many files. By the
time you repeat that for each individual page, you end up with a
needlessly large number of different subfolders and masses of files.

What I really want is to capture each page as a single image. It isn't
ideal, but at least limits the number of files and you don't get this
messy subfolder nonsense.

I'm amazed that with the scores of parameters (most of which I haven't
a clue about), that the manufacturers don't provide a "save
configuration to file" option. Is it the same with other ATAs? Setting
up these units is already hugely complicated as it witnessed by the
large number of threads dedicated here to this task. Then, having
finally after days of struggle got your ATA working, trying to
remember all these scores of parameters off by heart is just
impossible.

You want to try a program called Snag-It
(http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp). Free trail
available.