A different Asterisk & SipDiscount working Configuration (Thanks Sparks)

Old October 26th 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default A different Asterisk & SipDiscount working Configuration (Thanks Sparks)

With loads of help from Sparks, I have a different (from his)
working Asterisk configuration for Sipdiscount:

I've tried to turn off wrapping on this post (sorry if it upsets anyone)

My sip.conf file is now like this:

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
externip=xxx.xxx.x.x ;public IP address or dyndns name
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ;network addresses (change to suit)
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
callerid = Unknown
canreinvite=no

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

*********************************

I created a new IAX2 trunk with the follwing settings:

[sipdiscount]
username=MySipDiscountUsername
type=peer
secret=MySipdiscountPassword
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=iax.voipbuster.com
fromuser=MySipdiscountUsername
fromdomain=voipbuster.com
disallow=all
authuser=MySipdiscountUsername
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Note the use of Voipbuster's servers.

************************************

Dial rules on the trunk

00441234+XXXXXXX ;replace 1234 with your STD minus leading zero also make
sure the number of X's represent your local number length
0044+XXXXXXXXXX

***********************************

Outbound Route

9|XXXXXX ;make sure number of X's represent your local number length
90|XXXXXXXXXX

***********************************

The ports I have forwarded to Asterisk are as follows:

5060~5070 UDP
10000~20000 UDP
8000~8012 UDP&TCP
5004~5036 UDP
3478~3482 UDP&TCP
4560~4570 UDP&TCP
2727 UDP

I can't remember why all these are there
(it's been done over time for various service providers)

I hope this helps in the same way Sparks' post helped me.

Old October 27th 05, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Hi Jono,

Thanks to your posts with Sparks (and further to my earlier post), I've
now got my sipdiscount account working - with a couple of changes.

For some reason, my aah doesn't seem to resolve dnss... so i just put
the IP addresses instead. So instead of the lines:
host=iax.voipbuster.com
fromdomain=voipbuster.com
I put:
host=213.61.187.147
fromdomain=83.138.185.216
and it works fine. Thanks!

Paul

Old November 3rd 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Hmmm, as of today those IPs are unreachable... but changing them to:

fromdomain=83.138.185.232
host=213.61.187.146

and it works again! These are the IPs for sipdiscount.com and
sip.sipdiscount.com

Paul

Old November 3rd 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

paul123 wrote:
|| Hmmm, as of today those IPs are unreachable... but changing them to:
|| fromdomain=83.138.185.232
|| host=213.61.187.146
|| and it works again! These are the IPs for sipdiscount.com and
|| sip.sipdiscount.com
|| Paul

Nad can you still not use the addrss itself? Are you still having to use the
IP addy?

Old November 3rd 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono wrote:
|| Nad can you still not use the addrss itself? Are you still having to
|| use the IP addy?

Nad=and

Old November 3rd 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

yeah Jono,

for some reason, my aah box doesn't like domain names....just IP
addies.....prolly something I haven't done right.

Hang on to yer nads

Cheers

Old November 3rd 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

paul123 wrote:
yeah Jono,

for some reason, my aah box doesn't like domain names....just IP
addies.....prolly something I haven't done right.

Hang on to yer nads

Cheers

Make sure you DNS server is set correctly.. Thats what will look up the
IP from the domain name.