Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320

Old October 27th 05, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

Default Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320

Like the subject says:

Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320

Is it a quality hardware phone or cheap 'n' nasty?

Thanks,

ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435
Old October 28th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Ben Fitzgerald" wrote in message
in...
Like the subject says:

Any comments on IPChitChat IPC320

Is it a quality hardware phone or cheap 'n' nasty?

It depends what your comparing it to. compared to a cisco 4-5x the price
yes, comparing it to a grandstream budgetone no

The Phone is actually an ATCOM unit, I have which I got as a sample amongst
the collection of IP phones I have around the place
It is based on the PA1688 chipset of which there are a few phones and ata on
the market, they pretty much have the same functions.
however there are a few points to be aware of.

1- The quick dial buttons do not work as expected (ie lift phone and press)
they are a repeat of nos 0-9. This is due to
the phone having extraphysical buttons but atcom not doing any modifications
of the base chipset firmware to make the
buttons do anything

2- The physical design is such that it is possible to think you have put
the phone down when you have not

Regards

Old October 28th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"RH" wrote in message
[...]

I would add that it doesn't provide sidetone.

Old October 28th 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:23:32 +0100, Telephoneman wrote:

"RH" wrote in message
[...]

not great.

2- The physical design is such that it is possible to think you have put
the phone down when you have not

nice!

I would add that it doesn't provide sidetone.

Really? I was reading about sidetone in another thread. This is a
feature I would like as people shouting down the phone is annoying and I
don't want to be one of those people.

Thanks for the info,

Ben.

--