[email protected] and changing Music On Hold

Old October 28th 05, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default [email protected] and changing Music On Hold

Some time ago I was on hold wen I called a company, during this hold time
they offerd me several options if I wanted to change the music I was
listning to while I was holding (That's neat I thought)...I think it was
Virgin Mobile, if my memory serves me correctly.

Can we do this with AAH easily?

I have had a play, and can sort of do it with digital receptionists, having
seperate queues for each MOH context, however this would mean every time the
music was changed by the caller, they would then go to the back of that
particular queue, not good!

Is there a way to do it without this happening?

Ta!

Sparks...

Old October 28th 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Old October 28th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)

Sparks...

Old October 28th 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)

The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say, 2 minutes "Thank
you for your patience, If you would like to change the music just Press 1 at
any time"

Then when the press 1, they get a choice "You are currently listening to
xxxx, press 1 to continue with this selection, press 2 listen to yyyyy or
press 3 to listen to zzzzz.

But even if they are in the menu, selecting a new choice, if an agent
becomes available, the call should be put through.

Sparks...

Old October 28th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

You can change the music on hold easily with

SetMusicOnHold()

however the hard part is putting them back in the queue at the same
place they were when they opted to change the music. There is some
commercial software from OrderlyQ that hooks into Asterisk that will do
this for you,

Regards

Jon

Old October 28th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sparks" wrote in message

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)

The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say,
2 minutes "Thank you for your patience, If you would like
to change the music just Press 1 at any time"

How about a prompt that says "we don't want to talk to you enough to have
a real person answer, press 1 if you're an idiot and want to carry on
listening to inane muzak, or hang up if you're not"

Ivor

Old October 28th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

my voicemail says, "thank you for calling but I dont want to talk to
you, leave a message and if i cam be bothered i'll listen to it"

Old October 28th 05, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)

The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say, 2 minutes "Thank
you for your patience, If you would like to change the music just Press 1

at
any time"

Then when the press 1, they get a choice "You are currently listening to
xxxx, press 1 to continue with this selection, press 2 listen to yyyyy or
press 3 to listen to zzzzz.

But even if they are in the menu, selecting a new choice, if an agent
becomes available, the call should be put through.

Hi.
An easy way would be to give them the choice either before entering the
queue, IE asking , "do you want Classical, Rap, grunge etc, That way the
postition in queue isnt effected. Or you offer it while in the queue and
after the choice option the caller is put in a queue with a higher
weighting, thereby being answered before the next person in the original
queue. It all depends how long people are queueing, In most call centers I
have deployed or trained the admins of, the average hold time is 35 to 45
seconds.

Ian

Old October 28th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Hi.
An easy way would be to give them the choice either before entering the
queue, IE asking , "do you want Classical, Rap, grunge etc, That way the
postition in queue isnt effected. Or you offer it while in the queue and
after the choice option the caller is put in a queue with a higher
weighting, thereby being answered before the next person in the original
queue. It all depends how long people are queueing, In most call centers I
have deployed or trained the admins of, the average hold time is 35 to 45
seconds.

:-) I take it that wasn't at:-

BT, NTL, O2 or Demon Internet then! - 35-45 minutes would have been a little
closer to the mark

I would prefer it to be changeable during the waiting time, that way it
gives the caller something to play about with so the time pass quicker :-)

Sparks...