Asterisk 0 Processor and Memory v. Echo

Old October 29th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk 0 Processor and Memory v. Echo

Hi,

I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
256mb RAM.

If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
imporvement in the echo?

Many thanks

Matthew

Old October 29th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Matt wrote:
Hi,

I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
256mb RAM.

If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
imporvement in the echo?

Many thanks

Matthew

Dont think so. Mine works ok with 580Mhz, and 96Mb RAM
Old October 29th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-10-29, Matt wrote:

Hi,

I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
256mb RAM.

If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
imporvement in the echo?

The improvement would be similar to what you would get by moving
asterisk to a machine having a larger monitor. There is more on this
topic he

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/
technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6b68.shtml

The URL is wrapped.

Brian.
Old October 29th 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

On 29 Oct 2005 03:36:20 -0700, "Matt"
wrote:

I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
256mb RAM.

If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
imporvement in the echo?

Umm, unlikly. What echo problem do you have.. let me guess, an x100p
analogue interface on a UK PSTN line?

Rgds
Jonathan