Sipdiscount configuration for zoom x5v router

Old October 29th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Default Sipdiscount configuration for zoom x5v router

I'm trying to configure a friend's zoom x5v router to Sipdiscount, with
no joy. Anyone got it going on this router?
If so, what settings?

Note: I can configure this router to a voipbuster account OK, but not
sipdiscount....

Paul

Old October 29th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

paul123 wrote:
|| I'm trying to configure a friend's zoom x5v router to Sipdiscount, with
|| no joy. Anyone got it going on this router?
|| If so, what settings?
|| Note: I can configure this router to a voipbuster account OK, but not
|| sipdiscount....
|| Paul

Try mixing & matching between VB's & SD's sever addresses. Also try ther
servers' IP addresses rather than names.

Old October 29th 05, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Try mixing & matching between VB's & SD's sever addresses. Also try ther
servers' IP addresses rather than names.

I think I tried just about every combo possible, starting from working
VB settings. I'll try the IP addresses next time I get the chance.

Old October 29th 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

paul123 wrote:
|| servers' IP addresses rather than names.
|| I think I tried just about every combo possible, starting from working
|| VB settings. I'll try the IP addresses next time I get the chance.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} apparently got his PAP2 working with the following
settings:

Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org:5065
Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes
User ID and Password: as expected.
Preferred Codec: G711
Use Pref Codec Only: Yes

Old October 29th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Jono wrote:
paul123 wrote:
|| servers' IP addresses rather than names.
|| I think I tried just about every combo possible, starting from working
|| VB settings. I'll try the IP addresses next time I get the chance.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} apparently got his PAP2 working with the following
settings:

Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org:5065
Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes
User ID and Password: as expected.
Preferred Codec: G711
Use Pref Codec Only: Yes

Me too.. I also use 'Use Auth Id' = No.. Dont know if this makes a
difference though.
Old October 29th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Thanks, I'll try this out when I next get over to my friend's house.
Will let you know.

Old November 5th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Ok!

The following works for a SIPdiscount account on the zoom X5v (other
configurations will probably work too):

User ID: Username
Authorization ID: Username
Password: password
Display Name: Username (don't think this is too important)
Domain/Realm: sip.voipbuster.com
SIP Port: 5060
SIP Proxy address:
SIP Proxy Port: 0
Outbound Proxy Address:
Outbound Proxy port: 0

The rest was unchanged from a previous voipbuster setup....

Note: SIP Proxy address and Outbound Proxy Address are left blank. If
you have a problem here - ie it won't let you leave it blank - just
click into the field delete whatever was autofilled, then click your
browser back button twice, then forward twice and the field's blank!
bit Heath Robinsonish, but it works!

Paul