Office System advice required

Old November 1st 05, 05:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil Jarman

Default Office System advice required

Hi,

We're looking to go VOIP internally and I need advice.

We currently have 8 external lines, 30 extensions.

What should I be looking for if I want to get VOIP, and install it myself?

Whats the best hardware, and what do I need from BT? I assume upgrading to
ISDN30 is the right thing?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

NEIL

Old November 2nd 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cjd

Neil Jarman wrote:
Hi,

We're looking to go VOIP internally and I need advice.

We currently have 8 external lines, 30 extensions.

What should I be looking for if I want to get VOIP, and install it myself?

Whats the best hardware, and what do I need from BT? I assume upgrading to
ISDN30 is the right thing?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

NEIL

If you want to use VoIP with that number of phones you probably want to
be looking at an SDL line which will give you equal amounts of upstream
capacity as downstream.

You should look at Voipfone's PBX service, 30 extensions would cost
30 p/m with all the bells and whistles like
transfer/voicemail/conferencing etc.
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Virtual_PBX.php

On the hardware side you will need a decent internal network - pretty
cheap these days - and good IP phones; the Snom 190 is very hard to
beat, tho on the expensive side. For a little less you could look at
the Sipura 841 but don't get anything cheaper, the build quality is
poor.

Old November 7th 05, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Nicholson

Hi Neil,

We're starting to look at a similar process for our upcoming office move.
I'd be interested in swapping notes as the project progresses if you are
interested.

We're going to be looking at Sywx first in a few weeks. This is a commercial
system which isn't cheap but then again, a replacement non-VOIP isn't cheap
either.

Cheers, Rob.