VoIP Cheap Numbers

Old November 1st 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth :-\\\) voom

Default VoIP Cheap Numbers

Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged in to
get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for your
account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
problem?

Old November 1st 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message
Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged
in to
get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for
your
account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
problem?

Just signed up after seeing the other thread, (thanks Welcome), put 5
credit on the account, and got my free 'local' number in about 2 minutes
from registering.

Old November 3rd 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged in to
get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for your
account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
problem?

Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in Birmingham
and got an 0121 number.

Old November 3rd 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"J Smith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged in

get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for

your
account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
problem?

Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in Birmingham
and got an 0121 number.

Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

Old November 3rd 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Gareth :-\) voom:
"J Smith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so
logged in to get one but it says something like "There are no
numbers available for your account". My account is in positive
balance too. Anyone else had this problem?

Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in
Birmingham and got an 0121 number.

Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

For half (25) of my bonus (50) when referred to Telewest or 5 when referred
to easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old November 3rd 05, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Gareth :-\) voom:
"J Smith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so
logged in to get one but it says something like "There are no
numbers available for your account". My account is in positive
balance too. Anyone else had this problem?
Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in
Birmingham and got an 0121 number.

Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

that's not guaranteed though.
Old November 4th 05, 02:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Andrew wrote:
At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

that's not guaranteed though.

05 numbers are less well known as well and more likely to be considered
"premium rate", I'd rather give someone an 01 number.

Old November 4th 05, 06:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh J Smith:
Andrew wrote:
At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02
numbers.

that's not guaranteed though.

05 numbers are less well known as well and more likely to be
considered "premium rate", I'd rather give someone an 01 number.

So would I, or 02 number.

Old November 4th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.. .
Thus spaketh Gareth :-\) voom:
"J Smith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so
logged in to get one but it says something like "There are no
numbers available for your account". My account is in positive
balance too. Anyone else had this problem?

Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in
Birmingham and got an 0121 number.

Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

For half (25) of my bonus (50) when referred to Telewest or 5 when

referred
to easyMobile contact me via above site.

YAC don't seem to think so either. I have a YAC 0870 number that I have
tried to divert to this new 056 number and it will not allow it. I have
contacted YAC to tell them it's a standard rate number. I will have to wait
to see what they say.