So Can I have a normal incomming number 01**

Old November 2nd 05, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

Default So Can I have a normal incomming number 01**

and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Old November 2nd 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not allow incoming phone
calls, not yet anyway.

Your only option if to use the second line/provider on your ATA,
provided it has 2 lines.
Old November 2nd 05, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not allow incoming phone
calls, not yet anyway.

Your only option if to use the second line/provider on your ATA, provided
it has 2 lines.

Does that mean I need two telephones ?

Old November 2nd 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not allow incoming phone
calls, not yet anyway.
Your only option if to use the second line/provider on your ATA, provided
it has 2 lines.

Does that mean I need two telephones ?

No, you can either get a 2 Line phone, or do like me, buy a
'Combine-a-line' switch that will route both lines to a normal "1 line"
phone.. (and it works great).
Old November 2nd 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not allow incoming phone
calls, not yet anyway.
Your only option if to use the second line/provider on your ATA, provided
it has 2 lines.

Does that mean I need two telephones ?

No, you can either get a 2 Line phone, or do like me, buy a
'Combine-a-line' switch that will route both lines to a normal "1 line"
phone.. (and it works great).

Ok I was intending on using my current analogue phone so the combine a line
switch sounds the thing. Now do you have to switch over when making out
going calls.

I was considering the Linksys PAP2, perhaps you could recommend some
hardware for me

Thanks for the time so far

Old November 2nd 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Scope" wrote in message

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not
allow incoming phone calls, not yet anyway.
Your only option if to use the second line/provider
on your ATA, provided it has 2 lines.

Does that mean I need two telephones ?

No, you can either get a 2 Line phone, or do like me, buy
a 'Combine-a-line' switch that will route both lines to a
normal "1 line" phone.. (and it works great).

Or use the Sipura 1001 which allows 2 accounts on a single phone port.

Ivor

Old November 2nd 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

No, you can either get a 2 Line phone, or do like me, buy a
'Combine-a-line' switch that will route both lines to a normal "1 line"
phone.. (and it works great).

Ok I was intending on using my current analogue phone so the combine a line
switch sounds the thing. Now do you have to switch over when making out
going calls.

I was considering the Linksys PAP2, perhaps you could recommend some
hardware for me

The switch will automatically use the last line used + there is a button
on the box to select line (lights on the box will show which line is
being used).

I am very happy with my PAP2.. Its got 2 lines (allowing 2 different
providers) if you wish, + at £20 you cant go wrong really.

But as Ivor says, there is always the Sipura 1001 which allows 2
providers on one phone.
Old November 3rd 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2005-11-02, Scope wrote:

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
and use sipdiscount ?

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not allow incoming phone
calls, not yet anyway.

Being registered with Sipdiscount, or any other provider, and receiving
inbound calls from the PSTN on the same line are independent of each
other. Sipdiscount may not provide incoming numbers but there are
others who do.

Your only option if to use the second line/provider on your ATA,
provided it has 2 lines.

Alternatively, find someone who will provide you with a phone number and
have them point it to the line you want to receive calls on.

Brian.
Old November 3rd 05, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

Stephen

Not using the same line, no. SipDiscount does not allow incoming phone
calls, not yet anyway.

Being registered with Sipdiscount, or any other provider, and receiving
inbound calls from the PSTN on the same line are independent of each
other. Sipdiscount may not provide incoming numbers but there are
others who do.

Your only option if to use the second line/provider on your ATA,
provided it has 2 lines.

Alternatively, find someone who will provide you with a phone number and
have them point it to the line you want to receive calls on.

Brian.

Sorry what does PSTN mean ?

Old November 3rd 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
||| Being registered with Sipdiscount, or any other provider, and
||| receiving inbound calls from the PSTN on the same line are
||| independent of each other. Sipdiscount may not provide incoming
||| numbers but there are others who do.
||| Alternatively, find someone who will provide you with a phone number
||| and have them point it to the line you want to receive calls on.
||| Brian.
|| Sorry what does PSTN mean ?

Public Switched Telephone Network. AKA "POTs" - Plain Old Telephones