Questions on VoipCheap

Old November 2nd 05, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

Default Questions on VoipCheap

I have sent an email to VoipCheap but not got a reply so can anyone
answer these?

I did not know what some of the options/settings meant - there was no
'?' or 'Help' button to explain them. In particular what do the
following mean?
i) authorizes me
ii) Clipboard Dial Hotkey
iii) Use port
iv) callto:links

Can I make Peer to Peer calls to other VoIP networks? If so, how?

There were some discrepancies between the FAQ and other pages. In
particular when the FAQ said
i) A credit balance of five € (euros) - the buycredits page said
five
(pounds) - which is correct?
ii) Calls are charged by the second rounded to nearest eurocent -
the rates page says calls are charged by the minute rounded
to next higher minute - which is correct?

--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old November 2nd 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Can I make Peer to Peer calls to other VoIP networks? If so, how?

Yes - but only other Finarea networks and only using the software -
like netappel.fr and voipbuster.com. Obviously, this can only be PC to
PC.

I somehow doubt you can users on sipdiscount.com (unless anyone can
confirm to the contrary)

Old November 2nd 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Planet Earth Internet

Yes we tried out VoIP cheap and had a technical problem and also got no
answer from their support.

Regards

Tony Stirling
(Business level Voip service starting soon)
www.planetearthcalling.com
www.planetearth.co.uk