Opinions On Freetalk Please

Old November 3rd 05, 04:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default Opinions On Freetalk Please

I am currently a Vonage customer and was thinking of changing to Freetalk.
Are there any Freetalk customers here that could tell me how reliable the
service has been, what the audio quality is like and also if there is any
noticeable delay.
Thanks in advance.

Old November 5th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I am currently a Vonage customer and was thinking of changing to Freetalk.
Are there any Freetalk customers here that could tell me how reliable the
service has been, what the audio quality is like and also if there is any
noticeable delay.

Top notch service, absolutely reliable in my experience. Calls always
connect, both incoming and outgoing. Audio quality is about as good as
a mobile, possibly slightly better with no delay.

The only problem I have had is that incoming calls where the caller has
witheld their number seem to show the callers number; not a problem
really for me though!

Old November 7th 05, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Julius

Personally, I don't like services that force you to use their SIP
device.

I prefer services that allow me to use my SIP device, so I can easily
move from provider to provider, should their service not live up to
their promises

Until Vonage, Freetalk and others offer this, they are missing out on a
lot of business and will never get mine

Old November 7th 05, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AD C

Julius wrote:

Until Vonage, Freetalk and others offer this, they are missing out on a
lot of business and will never get mine

You should also look at the other side of the coin.
Services like Freetalk is fine for people who just wants to plug in and
go. Not everyone w3ants to muck around.

So I think if this VOIP thing is going to take off in a big way then
services like Freetalk are needed.

I also would not like the locked hardware either
Old November 7th 05, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 6 Nov 2005 16:32:49 -0800, "Julius" wrote:

Personally, I don't like services that force you to use their SIP
device.

I prefer services that allow me to use my SIP device, so I can easily
move from provider to provider, should their service not live up to
their promises

Until Vonage, Freetalk and others offer this, they are missing out on a
lot of business and will never get mine

I have a similar view. What prevents you from using your own ATA - or
is it that they make you buy their ATA that you don't like?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old November 7th 05, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Deag

"AD C" wrote in message
Julius wrote:

Until Vonage, Freetalk and others offer this, they are missing out on a
lot of business and will never get mine

You should also look at the other side of the coin.
Services like Freetalk is fine for people who just wants to plug in and
go. Not everyone w3ants to muck around.

So I think if this VOIP thing is going to take off in a big way then
services like Freetalk are needed.

I also would not like the locked hardware either

I would have agreed with you in the past, but having experienced many
occasions when the call was cut off, when it failed to ring with other
services, Sipgate, JustDial etc. I have found Freetalk 100% reliable with
absolutely no issues with regard to the service.

Old November 8th 05, 07:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AD C

Deag wrote:

You should also look at the other side of the coin.
Services like Freetalk is fine for people who just wants to plug in and
go. Not everyone wants to muck around.

So I think if this VOIP thing is going to take off in a big way then
services like Freetalk are needed.

I also would not like the locked hardware either

I would have agreed with you in the past, but having experienced many
occasions when the call was cut off, when it failed to ring with other
services, Sipgate, JustDial etc. I have found Freetalk 100% reliable with
absolutely no issues with regard to the service.

Agree with me on what? I did say that for this VOIP thing to take off
then services like Freetalk are needed. So I am for Freetalk. But as I
said above, I do not like locked hardware, that goes with Mobile phones
as well.
Old November 8th 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Deag

"AD C" wrote in message
Deag wrote:

You should also look at the other side of the coin.
Services like Freetalk is fine for people who just wants to plug in and
go. Not everyone wants to muck around.

So I think if this VOIP thing is going to take off in a big way then
services like Freetalk are needed.

I also would not like the locked hardware either

I would have agreed with you in the past, but having experienced many
occasions when the call was cut off, when it failed to ring with other
services, Sipgate, JustDial etc. I have found Freetalk 100% reliable with
absolutely no issues with regard to the service.

Agree with me on what? I did say that for this VOIP thing to take off then
services like Freetalk are needed. So I am for Freetalk. But as I said
above, I do not like locked hardware, that goes with Mobile phones as
well.

I agree but then with a service that costs a net 6.66 per month for
unlimited UK calls (up to 60 mins each call) it is pretty good value. You
could chuck the adapter away if you do not want to use them after a year.

Old November 8th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AD C

Deag wrote:

I agree but then with a service that costs a net 6.66 per month for
unlimited UK calls (up to 60 mins each call) it is pretty good value. You
could chuck the adapter away if you do not want to use them after a year.

That may be true, but what a waste.