VoIPCheap: inbound number

Old November 3rd 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Default VoIPCheap: inbound number

I noticed my account page on VoIP cheap gives me the option to have an
inbound phone number, but when I click on the link it tells me no
numbers are available. Anyone managed to get an inbound number with
them?

Old November 3rd 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On 3 Nov 2005 05:22:48 -0800, "J Smith"
wrote:

I noticed my account page on VoIP cheap gives me the option to have an
inbound phone number, but when I click on the link it tells me no
numbers are available. Anyone managed to get an inbound number with
them?

Yes. An 0208 number. Make sure your home number in your personal
details is in international format (0044etc) and possibly 'move' to a
different part of the country if it still says no numbers.

Old November 3rd 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
J Smith

Sorry - already a thread about this. I'll cancel this thread

Old November 3rd 05, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

I noticed my account page on VoIP cheap gives me the
option to have an inbound phone number, but when I
click on the link it tells me no numbers are available.
Anyone managed to get an inbound number with them?

Yes. An 0208 number. Make sure your home number in your
personal details is in international format (0044etc) and
possibly 'move' to a different part of the country if it
still says no numbers.

An 0208 number..? Don't you mean an 020 number that starts with 8..?

Ivor

Old November 4th 05, 07:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

"J Smith" wrote in message
oups.com...
I noticed my account page on VoIP cheap gives me the option to have an
inbound phone number, but when I click on the link it tells me no
numbers are available. Anyone managed to get an inbound number with
them?

Shame you cant use an ATA with them. Might be interested. Still think BT
Broadband Voice is better, gives free calls out in the evening, and has
incoming number.

Old November 4th 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh TheDragon:
"J Smith" wrote in message
oups.com...
I noticed my account page on VoIP cheap gives me the option to have
an inbound phone number, but when I click on the link it tells me no
numbers are available. Anyone managed to get an inbound number with
them?

Shame you cant use an ATA with them. Might be interested. Still think
BT Broadband Voice is better, gives free calls out in the evening,
and has incoming number.

How about Just Dial VoIP, choose the £1.99 per month option, set up your own
ATA or use the software and get free evening and weekend calls plus free
incoming number.

Old November 4th 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Pratten

In article , TheDragon
writes
Shame you cant use an ATA with them. Might be interested. Still think
BT Broadband Voice is better, gives free calls out in the evening, and
has incoming number.

Their home page gives a link to sipdiscount. I suppose they work
together?
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old November 5th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Dragon:
Still think BT Broadband Voice is better, gives free calls out in the
evening, and has incoming number.

LOL - I get 250min /m free eve and weekend calls from OneTel on my
landline -
so why pay yet ANOTHER RENTAL for BT Voice ?
(And of course I have mostly free calls on my VoIP / sipdiscount / sipgate
combo)
Regards,
Martin