Using Voipcheap from overseas

Old November 4th 05, 08:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Using Voipcheap from overseas

Has anyone been able to use the service to make calls while overseas?

Les

Old November 4th 05, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Yes!!
Its works fine in Austria.

Added my 5 last night and now phoning Uk for free!!

Excellent sound quality so far.

Nigel

--
Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old November 6th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I had it working in the UK. However, when I connect from a number of
Middle Eastern countries I cannot connect. I get the message "Call
ended (cause: 8)". I can't find out what the message means - if it
indicates a problem with the local ISP or whether Finarea are blocking
connections from certain locations.

Old November 7th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mark kelly

in the middle east some of those ISP are blocking in. ie it seem Oman
(by mistake) was blocking SKYPE and UAE (on purpose) and UAE telecom
will be releasing their own VOIP in the the new year.,