Voiptalk unlimited calls package - best value?

Old November 5th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian Mann

Default Voiptalk unlimited calls package - best value?

I've just noticed that voiptalk have released an unlimited calls package
(http://www.voiptalk.org/products/VoI...mited+Package). Usual fixed
fee (9.99 to UK, 19.99 to world) but also call rates outside of the
unlimited plan are the lowest i've seen i.e. Italy 1p, Spain 1p etc.

I compared this to vonage where the calls outside of the plans were around
3p to call europe for instance. Also, calling uk mobile (which I do a lot)
is 10p with voiptalk but 15p with vonage. What I found strange was that
calling the usa with voiptalk is 1p whereas with vonage, which is a US
company costs me 2p!!

Also, you get a 2 port grandstream ata for around 30 pounds which i thought
was a good deal.

I've been with voiptalk for nearly 2 years. No problems to date but i'm
conscious that there may be other deals around but just don't have the time
to investigate. Since there are only a few established providers I don't
have much to choose from.

Should I go for this?

Old November 5th 05, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Adrian Mann wrote:

Should I go for this?

Depends.... If you make more than 700 minutes of calls a month to the
UK then maybe yes. But if you regularly make less than that, I'd
suggest the voiptalk silver package and pay as you go. You'll still get
a geographic number + the extras given in the unlimited package. (I
have the silver package and won't be changing to this unlimited calls
"offer" - it ain't worth it in my case)

Paul

Old November 13th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cogs

Hi

I went for this as i also thought it was a good deal, bear in mind that
its not 'unlimited' you get 3000 mins per month and providing you are
going to use 700+ then can't go wrong.